iRacing update delay

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1820220.page

I hardly ever really post on the iRacing forums but today I did. See below:

I don't really mind if they need to take an additional week or even a few if they needed. That shows me that they are at least trying and are thinking about making iRacing better for sure.

However here is my real concern. The huge thing with 2.0 was the NTM and the "Revolution" right. The Corvette was suppose to be in the first line up and we still don't have it. I'm ok with that but a bit put off with all of the cars that don't have the NTM. There are alot of things that could happen in iRacing to make it better and yet there is time to create and implement birds, and a plane taking off? Most of which will never been seen unless you are looking for them. Ok so that might add a bit of cool little details into the sim but I would have thought there were bigger fish to fry here. Especially when alot of series might have one or two official races in a 7 day period. At least in my time zone...

Now I'm not bashing iRacing in all honesty, but more of wondering what on earth is going on. In my eyes it doesn't make sense at all with some new sims/games getting ready to hit the market that WILL take members away from iRacing not to have their i's dotted and the t's crossed.

I do think iRacing is one of the better services out without a doubt. However I'm with you Lars, I really don't understand how something like what we have for the NTM as of this moment really got out to the public. What I mean are the things like in the Ford GT. You can run 30 hard laps and pit only taking fuel and go back out and once the tires have cooled it's like you have new tires again. In the Class A, B, and C ovals during an official race you don't have to change tires at all. If you want to play it safe on most tracks you can change the right side only and drive off into the sunset without worries. I know iRacing does test these things but how exactly would something like that not be seen?

Now I think iRacing is going in the right direction for sure, but they are a long way from being 100% with it. I personally think perhaps a little more was bit off than they realized when they started making the most realistic, data for data perfect tire model they could. I know I would not want to be on that team as there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many different factors as to what makes a tire do what that it's going to be an extremely difficult road to pave to make it work as it should. All of this was why they are now working on a surface model as well to go with the tire model.

I guess we will see here in a week or two what changes were made to the tire model and how it feels on the cars that are now going to have it as well.

It's impossible for me to get out of the rookie ranks, so I don't get to experience any of these other cars - every oval race I am in there is always a mssive pile up and I'm sick of it - the SR is a joke, you get hit with -SR because someone hit you? It's a joke, I'm not renewing.

If you start a race and you notice there are wrecks in even the warmups, start from the pits. The wreckers will be out shortly after then you'll be free to race with the people that you don't really have to worry about. Since I started iRacing I can now pretty much spot the guys to keep an eye on for wrecks within the first lap or two. What I would do if I were you is run at the back of the pack long enough for the wrecks to happen giving you enough space to miss them and build up enough SR to get out of that license. That will give you an SR cushion and then qualify to try to run in the front pack. That should keep you out of harms way for the most part. I've been in some races that every person on the track was a clean driver, and I've been in races that every driver on the track was crashing... I don't understand it but it is what it is...

I guess I'm the only person who thinks putting the NTM on the rookie cars was a good move. Those races have a lot of new customer and subscriber participation...getting the product to the most customers the fastest would seem to be a good idea, and that's without considering the D-level series and special events they use the MX-5 in (that car is a huge amount of fun...).

Late Model participation is huge, too. I don't see why you wouldn't get it on that car as fast as possible. I would rather see it on the SK, but I'm hugely biased in that regard.;)

Of course, some people dislike the new tire model, but I've been greatly enjoying it on the Skip.

The birds and planes don't seem like an issue to me; the graphics guys probably did it on their coffee break because they were tired of working on Kentucky and Oulton Park.

If you start a race and you notice there are wrecks in even the warmups, start from the pits. The wreckers will be out shortly after then you'll be free to race with the people that you don't really have to worry about.

In lower splits, this can also get you decent end results, as if you stay out of everyone else's crap and drive clean, you can pick up a lot of positions, SR and iRating. It may be 'The Way of the Swooping Vulture' but it works.

I've been in some races that every person on the track was a clean driver, and I've been in races that every driver on the track was crashing... I don't understand it but it is what it is...

Some races, everyone's just having a bad night.;)

It's a total fail IMO that the NTM is still yet to be made available for all cars, as it was the big fanfare announcement for August 2011 and iRacing 2.0, but still we are waiting. So I don't think they are making 'artistic' changes to the service a priority in anyway, just that the team working these things are meeting their targets whilst Dave and his NTM team are failing in meeting theirs.

This is the main reason I left iRacing.
Nothing against the programmers but I have everything against marketing.
How can you possibly not know that the NTM will not be ready yet you created a whole marketing campaign around it (iRacing 2.0)??
It is not as if my life depends on it but I do not take kindly at all being lied to/miss informed like that when it comes to spending my money.
They promised specific things for version 2.0 and they have yet to deliver. They promised a complete package and it is nowhere to be found. It would have been acceptable if they presented 2.0 as a slow incremental upgrade, which at the end of the day iRacing is based on anyway. But to create a whole marketing campaign and hype it to that degree by promising futures that were not ready is to me completely unacceptable.
It is not as if they failed to deliver for example 3 or 4 features out of the 10 they promised. Sh*t happens and I am fine with that but they completely failed to deliver anything they promised. The NTM they released is crippled.

And again, this is a paying service I do not take kindly to being lied to/ miss informed to that degree.

Ok, now what happens when this project has a deadline and one team is dropping the ball?.......... If you don't do this in the business world most of the time it doesn't end well.
People would get fired and competition would destroy them. In the real business world they would have a huge PR disaster in their hands. They would get destroyed by the competition. However iRacing is lucky because as of yet there is not another viable competitor out there. However it is a bad idea for iRacing to take comfort on that. Somebody, somewhere is working on the next big thing to compete with iRacing.

I will go back to iRacing only when they will finally deliver all the features they promised on version 2.0

NTM ON C6R!! Worth waiting for?

Also good news on Multi-Class - no longer have to own all the cars!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1821548.page

The Vette and no NTM caused a lot of angst on the iRacing boards, so this should appease a load of folks. Hopefully the Ford GT meets with approval with the NTM tweaks, lol.

Nt having to purchase all cars for multiclass events is a biggie IMO. Even though I am a 100% Club member, events like the Grand Touring Cup which alienated all those who hadn't purchased the Jetta should be more accommodating to the masses... especially the Rookie element. Seems to have gone down well on the iRacing forums anyway, lol.

Looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and d'loading the updates, especially as Oulton Park is in. F'kin yay.

I can feel the love from the masses for iRacing already, lol.

:cool:

This is the main reason I left iRacing.
Nothing against the programmers but I have everything against marketing.
How can you possibly not know that the NTM will not be ready yet you created a whole marketing campaign around it (iRacing 2.0)??
It is not as if my life depends on it but I do not take kindly at all being lied to/miss informed like that when it comes to spending my money.
They promised specific things for version 2.0 and they have yet to deliver. They promised a complete package and it is nowhere to be found. It would have been acceptable if they presented 2.0 as a slow incremental upgrade, which at the end of the day iRacing is based on anyway. But to create a whole marketing campaign and hype it to that degree by promising futures that were not ready is to me completely unacceptable.
It is not as if they failed to deliver for example 3 or 4 features out of the 10 they promised. Sh*t happens and I am fine with that but they completely failed to deliver anything they promised. The NTM they released is crippled.

And again, this is a paying service I do not take kindly to being lied to/ miss informed to that degree.

People would get fired and competition would destroy them. In the real business world they would have a huge PR disaster in their hands. They would get destroyed by the competition. However iRacing is lucky because as of yet there is not another viable competitor out there. However it is a bad idea for iRacing to take comfort on that. Somebody, somewhere is working on the next big thing to compete with iRacing.

I will go back to iRacing only when they will finally deliver all the features they promised on version 2.0

Agree with everything you said. I've left for exactly the same reason. I refuse to give them a penny more until they start delivering on their promises.

It only takes 5 mins of driving netKar to realize just how far away iRacing is from having decent tires/physics, and no amount of marketing bull**** is going to change that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back