iRacing set to expand its Japanese line-up

New information has been posted on the official iRacing web-site about iRacings forthcoming expansion into the Japanese market. As well as the previously announced Okayama International Circuit and Mazda MX-5 Cup and Roadster cars iRacing will also be adding Twin Ring Motegi, Suzuka and Tsukuba Circuit to its roster. The full announcement is as follows:

iRacing continued its Japanese expansion with today’s announcement that Twin Ring Motegi, Suzuka Circuit and Tsukuba Circuit will join Okayama International Circuit on its growing list of global racing facilities. In addition, iRacing will also be augmenting its line-up of virtual race cars with the Mazda Roadster and MX-5 Cup racing cars. The announcement was made by iRacing president, Tony Gardner, in conjunction with this weekend’s running of the Japan 300 IZOD IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi.

“When we announced last spring that Okayama was joining iRacing, we promised there would be more tracks and cars of particular interest to our Japanese members,” Gardner said. “Now we’re pleased to announce that our members in Japan, and elsewhere in the world, will be able to compete themselves with other drivers in Japan and elsewhere in the world on exact virtual versions of the tracks that are home to Japan’s two most important races, this weekend’s Japan 300 and next month’s Japanese Grand Prix, in precise digital versions of the Dallara Indy car and AT&T Williams FW31 grand prix car. Tsukuba Circuit is popular with Japanese drivers, who enjoy its demanding technical nature, and we believe our members world-wide will enjoy driving on our virtual version.”

According to Gardner, the AT&T Williams FW31 and the Mazdas will be available to iRacing members later this fall, and the four Japanese tracks will be available during the course of the next year.

I'm really looking forward to the MX-5 and those 4 tracks as they have provided some great racing in other games I've played so laser scanned versions for iRacing will be awesome. I've enjoyed many a close race around Tsukuba in the Forza series.

I know. All the more reason I should be crying, as my wheel doesn't work on the PS3 :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%