iRacing Secure Porsche License - 911 GT3 Cup Upcoming

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Porsche iRacing Announcement.jpg

Following the end of EA Sports exclusive license to represent the Porsche brand in digital gaming, iRacing have quickly jumped on the bandwagon and secured the rights to bring the famous German brand to their online only racing simulation in 2017.

Kevin Bobbitt, Director of Marketing and Communications for iRacing.com had the following to say following the recent announcement:

“This is great news for iRacing and for the 65,000 iRacers around the world,”
“Porsche’s success in sports car racing is without parallel, from Le Mans and the Nürburging to Daytona and Sebring. Porsche is the ideal partner for iRacing as we continue developing our sports car and endurance sim racing capabilities.”
Check out the iRacing Porsche Announcement Trailer below:
Joining Assetto Corsa in the list of modern simulations to secure the rights for bringing the Porsche brand to a bona fide simulation title, iRacing have confirmed the 2017 spec 911 GT3 Cup car is due to be released in the very near future in a first of several new vehicles due to hit the title. Further models will be revealed by the studio as the year progresses, however if the release preview trailer is anything to go by, players of iRacing look to have a very interesting few months ahead of them as 2017 kicks off with a bang.

iRacing is an online only racing simulation available exclusive to PC. Subscription on a year basis to the service, with additional costs for content apply. A base vehicle and track set are available as part of the standard package.

iRacing has its very own sub forum here at RaceDepartment, a place where you can go and discuss the simulation with your fellow iRacing enthusiasts and share your own custom made setups for the range of vehicles within the sim. Head over to our sub forum now and take part in the discussion.

Are you happy to see Porsche make its debut in iRacing? Are you pleased to see the German manufacturer have spread their wings across other simulations? Do you think the sim will do justice to the manufacturer? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking of getting back into iRacing after about a year of absence and to me this announcement is sweet news. And now given that there is the RSR and a 919 in the video, I'm really really looking forward to some sweet GTE/P2/P1 multiclass racing with the incoming Ferrari 488 GTE. /hype/

Well, not an iracing player, but it's good to see that it's not just Assetto Corsa.

It's like them at Porsche have realized that the recent EA racing games were not quite to the standards for which Porsche itself stands for.

Here's to hoping that other Racing sims will get that license to (like Rfactor, R3E, PCars/Pcars 2, Automobilista and Dirt Rally.)
Would be really fun to have one of those old Rally porsches.

Well, not an iracing player, but it's good to see that it's not just Assetto Corsa.

It's like them at Porsche have realized that the recent EA racing games were not quite to the standards for which Porsche itself stands for.

Here's to hoping that other Racing sims will get that license to (like Rfactor, R3E, PCars/Pcars 2, Automobilista and Dirt Rally.)
Would be really fun to have one of those old Rally porsches.
Porsche had a special deal only with Kunos until 2017, now its 2017 and everyone can get a license.

yes... But in other games you can race 200 cars on 20 tracks for 50€... in iracing for the same amount you can race 10 cars on 2 tracks...
And AC physics are not bad at all... AC is not FM... :p
Well to be honest AC is fun for cruising in normal cars, but race cars in AC does simply not feel as connected to the road compared to iRacing and that for me made the real difference. For instance, you can feel all 4 wheels individually from the wheel which is nice and the complexity of the handling is much greater. Also the grip levels are far more superior to the AC grip levels which feels linear and scetchy most of the time, in other words grip levels are like a on off switch at times...

I'm not dissing Iracing in any way. They clearly offer a superior multiplayer experience and it's easy to see why. One thing I've noticed is that they have added a ton of features in the past year than they have done in a long time. All I can say is that competition is a good thing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%