iRacing Screenshots

Freshly posted by Greg Hill:
iracing_spa_1.jpg iracing_spa_2.jpg iracing_spa_3.jpg iracing_spa_4.jpg
iracing_spa_5.jpg iracing_spa_6.jpg iracing_spa_7.jpg iracing_spa_8.jpg
iracing_spa_9.jpg iracing_spa_10.jpg iracing_spa_11.jpg iracing_spa_12.jpg
iracing_spa_13.jpg iracing_spa_14.jpg iracing_spa_15.jpg

I don't know why people think iRacing has bad graphics. In my opinion, it has the best graphics I've ever seen on simulator. I don't really like Shift or pCARS style graphics, it's just not right, whereas iRacing quite is.

Graphics is pretty bad compared to newer titles utilizing DX11.
Car textures are probably the worst part in iRacing. 1024x is way to small for any detail shots.

Lighting i think iRacing is the best in the game by a mile.
But actual graphical models like in PCars or Assetto Corsa is lightyears ahead of iRacing.

When we get this level of graphical models in iRacing i´m a happy customer :)
027.jpg

I don´t know how many threads we have created on the iR forums about this thing :)
they haven´t said a word (staff) so i guess it´s some licensing issue.

or they never noticed :rolleyes:, but i guess i could see having "paintable" wheels could be against some licence agreements. I guess it is no different why you can not download the Williams F1 template from iRacing directly. I heard Williams didn't want their car painted up like a Ferrari or Red Bull. Oh well guess we should be happy that we get to customize the paints on the cars as it is.:)

I don´t know how many threads we have created on the iR forums about this thing :)
they haven´t said a word (staff) so i guess it´s some licensing issue.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/525/1485979.page#4146162

To give you guy some idea why this is problematic, like a lot of simulators out there we use spun textures to simulate spin speeds to help give the illusion of the tire spinning. Since those textures need to be translucent, we need to have alpha channels. That means typically we have 4 tire textures we use per car.

To make them color changeable using our current system, we'd need to either do some major wizardry, or duplicate those for every individual car (you wouldn't want everyone to have hot pink tires like you now would you... well maybe you would that's your business).
So for a race with 20 users, that would be 80 additional textures you would need to have. If anyone out there is already complaining about blurry textures, that would add to your problem
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

You would also want to not have the tire be one of the 3 colors you have in the picker, which would require us to come up with a new system to do that, we currently have every way of doing that in our paint kit used up for car bodies and numbers.

Adding to the problems, are the specular highlights and environment maps, you would want chrome wheels as an example, while someone else would want flat black.

On the artists end, we also would need to remodel and alter the textures for every tire on every car in the service. That would mean remodeling 8 lod's per tire with 4 tires per car with a stop and spun model required x 30 cars in the service = something like 1920 models. That is a lot more work than it took Kevin to make up a few birds on his free time
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

So as you can see, it's not a simple thing, though I wish it was as I want it to. I have to say though, if you had a choice between this or 2048 textures, which one would you rather have? I know what I want (which isn't saying we're going to get 2048 textures, but I want. Brian want bad)

Hampus, your is great! Greg's is good as well. The only thing that hit my eyes is how low the driver sits, no wonder people complain about the dash and driver's position :laugh:
That´s actually the main problem. In the game we sit way to high.
We should almost be level with the door edge sort of.

So because it´s too high we can barely see the rear-view camera and i know i can´t see my rev-limiter without abnormal FOV.

Some more shots of my car, still needs tidying up and tweaking but it will be really nice when finished.
can´t believe my skinner gives this for free to me as well :)

POWER will follow the cars contours better so PO and ER will be angled upwards slightly.
sumopowercaddy5.jpg

sumopowercaddy2.jpg

My name and nationality will also be present on the door next to rear view mirror.
Also to note is there´s two different hoods if you compare this image and the one above. I will go with the one above as it fits the car better.
sumopowercaddy1.jpg

sumopowercaddy4.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%