1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

iRacing Release Notes for iRacing's Season 3 build 2010 are out.

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Jack B, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Wow! Best update yet for iRacing. Should be out tomorrow morning PST. The Transmission Modeling is truly spectacular, but there is so much more. Spectating, friends, aero, damage, etc. iRacing has really raised the bar. Well done!

2. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Blimey thats a massive update. I dont have long to re adjust with the gear shifting :banana:

Thanks Jack for that awesome post.

3. Due to the iRacing forums being down I planned to request the release notes here if anyone copied them by chance.. thanks a lot Jack for this thread!
    Can't wait to give the new build a try.. mostly like the transmission and aero damage updates.

4. Wow, that is one awesome update. :D

I officially love iRacing.

5. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

iRacing is up again with the new build!!!

6. Did you have the chance to give it a try already?

7. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Yep, I had :)

been driving the SRF and the Mustang with the new model having all aids turned off with an h-pattern.
    It feels way more technical and is way harder to drive, especially if you use your clutch. But to me it seems to be faster using the clutch instead of blipping and lifting like hell all the time..
    You just need to give it a try yourself.

8. Will surely do so once I get out of the office =)

Sounds promising, kinda what I was hoping for a long time now..

9. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Gear change is definitely different with the update. Not all cars though will have the effect the above lists. Just drove Spec car and as usual changing the car like before the update, no effect of gear refusing to engage.

Too scared to try H-Shift yet lol.

10. Wow, the Vette surprised me quite a bit. Got it out of the pit and upshifting without lifting in sequential went as always.. thought: "Bah, this is nothing special - hope the other cars are different."
    Then I tried to shift down in the first corner and the damn gears wouldn't change.. lol

Now that's gonna take me some time to relearn driving this car..

11. Thanks Jack... Now I am definitely going to have to spend this week re-learning my Vette for next season, rather than risking any week 13 madness.

I haven't decided whether I will try and shift to RFB (H/T) or see if I can still LFB but shift my left foot to the clutch for down****ing. Sounds like season 3 is going to reward whoever can adapt the fastest :D.

Edit...

RFB is going to take a looooong time to learn and will also require that I change all of my setups - as they are all built around LFB.

LFB is also going to be a huge challenge, because I am struggling to get the damned car to shift down and brake :D.

OMG!!! It's like getting a completely new sim again :D.

12. thanks m8,good 1