1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

iRacing Ovals

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Will Marquez, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Ok so ever since I put in all those hours and laps for the RDiR Indy 500. Been slowly putting a bit more practice into Oval Racing. After getting 100% content today, drove a bit in the Silver Crown and Sprint Car (insanely difficult lol). Seeing that I'm a Class D license decided to practice with the Late Model and SK Modified. Just finished running a bunch of laps with Joe in the Late Model at Concord and I must say... THIS IS A BLAST!! Wow! It's alot harder than it looks too. But putting in the time and practice makes it soooo much fun!

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again for the laps Joe! Fun stuff :)

3. I never got on with the Late Models, skipped them as every time I went near them I felt the urge to put on a leather jacket, slick my hair back and slip into a Grease medley :)

4. Anytime my friend! It's always alot more fun to run iRacing even in practices with everyone here from RD. I think I'm a racing addict, as I like them all ovals and road and I'm not suppose to be doing either yet... hahaha The wife keeps telling me and I keep having a wicked sore hand but I think the only way this could be better is to be doing it in real life.

What you all dont see from these shots is the Demolition derby that progressed at the end of the session... lol... Great stuff!!!

5. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

Totally forgot about the LM car. Its indeed great fun might pop into one again for some fun.

6. I've been running it recently - it is a fun car.

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

If it's one I bought yesterday then please lets arrange another practice session

8. Abdul, Will and I were just in a open practice session with other people. It wasn't a hosted session.

I really really really, need to learn how to set these cars up. Not just the ovals but all of the road cars as well.

9. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Dont have all Oval tracks yet. Official practice is a no no for me unless I have the track.

10. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Late Model is very nice and with a good setup very easy to handle.

11. Oh, sure, that's what I need! Someone to tempt me over to the dark side! I have to say that watching some of these promo videos for the tire model have gotten me a lot more interested in oval than I ever was in the past. I guess that's door-to-door racing, for sure.

12. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

With the right people its a real blast and not as easy as it looks. Can be very frustrating to though :)

13. One thing that I learned very quickly is the setups on ovals can mean running at the front or back of the pack... lol...

14. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

LMAO

15. Yeah I think I can see myself doing more Oval Racing in the future. The way I see it, whether it be Oval/Road it just means the more racing for us all in iRacing. :)

16. Thinking about getting this wheel from Charlie to add on to the G27. :D

[​IMG]

His customer service and craftsmanship is second to none. If you guys haven't checked out his website here it is, http://simracnwheels.com/

17. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

I picked up oval racing (after Rookie) with the Silverado and the Dallara. Both are a lot of fun. I find that with setups that I picked up from the forum the Dallara is quite easy to handle. The Silverado is a little more difficult, since the car is more heavy and suffer much more from tyre wear (or so it seems).

My first hint for those who are looking at the setup sheets: Check your Cross Weight and your Tyre Pressures. They tell you the most. Less cross weight is better turn in (and more spin risk).

18. Cool thanks for the tip there Yoeri. :)