iRacing newbie, help wanted.

Just grabbed a 6 month free promotion for iRacing from Cadillac. First go here: https://www.cadillaccupracing.com/ and fill out the registration. You don't need to provide your real info, except full name and email. Then, a code will be sent to your email and it has to be redeemed here: http://www.iracing.com/cadillac/ . This is to new members only, and I'm assuming it is time limited.

Now that I have gotten into the game, I am getting frustrated with it. I have a G25. The brake is way too sensitive, lock ups happen quite easily. Also, the wheel just feels so loose. Any settings to help me out? Profiler and in-game.

Also, I can't switch view, I only have cockpit view. How do I change driving view? Thank you.

Hello Joao.

The brakes are something you'll have to get used to. iRacing has quite sensative locking for logitech wheels. I think it's one of the downsides of the software, but you'll learn to handle it, if you want.

The looseness in the wheel is probably something in the car. I simply use the controller configuration in the in-sim option menu. To me it works fine.

Driving view is forced, so you'll have to go with cockpit. ;)

For Logitech profilers, I the upper setting (FFB, I think) is supposed to be 107%, give or take a percentage point. All others to be set at 0. In game, FFB set depends on car and driver preference. Generally speaking, I've heard anywhere from a low of 2%, to a high of around 16%. 12% seems to be about the median. Personally, my Logi FFB is 107% and I run an in-game of almost 14%. Additionally, I have about 12% dampening in profiler because I seem to have a weird dead spot when the wheel is straight. Without dampening, bumps seem to slam the wheel and rattle it. Dampening tones this down for me.

Also concerning your brakes, make sure when you hop in game and are sitting in the pits that you fully depress your brake pedal once before moving. I also have a Logitech wheel (MOMO) and for some reason my brake calibration often disappears. If I forget the pre-race pedal push, my first brake input registers as full lock, even if I barely touch it. Check it and see if that helps.

Thank you guys for the responses. Sad to hear there is only cockpit view. :( I have recalibrated the brakes and they are much better now. Still more sensitive than on Race 07, but it's not so bad. I'll try those FFB settings Carl.

Thank you guys!

You're quite welcome, Joao. On the brake issue, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do something as time intensive as going into the profiler and recalibrating for it to work. I've heard many guys complain of this very issue, and, like me, a simple full depression of the pedal while on pit road before a run was sufficient.

Also, if you have time, scan the forums for profiler information. Although I can't remember exactly where, I know there was a thread that went into incredible detail on profiler settings based on the specific wheel you had. It's quite a common topic as most newish guys have problems with it, so I suspect it won't be buried and should be semi-easy to find.

Good luck!

I have G25 as well. I drive the Corvette C6.R which has the most sensitive brakes in the service I think. I have the Nixim mod v2 for my pedals (google it) and even though my pedals are now somewhat pressure based, I still run over 1.80 brake curve factor. If you haven't modified your pedals so far, I would suggest buying a simple eraser:

Put it into your brake spring and your braking will be much easier (probably). You can put even two of them there and get much harder brake. If you don't want to modify you G25 pedals (as you loose your warranty), try to set the brake curve factor very high (like 5 or so). And you have to get used to the fact that some cars lock up their brakes after braking only for about 50-60%.

As far as FFB is concerned, I've been using the FFB clipping tool to determine how much force you can apply to avoid clipping. I suggest running about 13 or 14 and you'll be fine 99,5% of the time.

Oh, and welcome to iRacing!

I have got the braking and accelaration sorted out, but thanks for the tip. I have a brake curve of 1.6, 1.7 depending on car. 5 sounds too high. 13, 14 FFB? I'm running 25.0 on the MX5. :confused: Is that too much? It still feels somewhat light to me compared to Race 07. I have damping at 0.

I have the same settings for Logitech. About the FFB clipping, I have to make sure the wheel is not clipping in order to achieve the best/more realistic feel of the car? I have downloaded the tool, FFB clipping tool. I'm gonna run it using the game as well, and see what happens.

I have the same settings for Logitech. About the FFB clipping, I have to make sure the wheel is not clipping in order to achieve the best/more realistic feel of the car? I have downloaded the tool, FFB clipping tool. I'm gonna run it using the game as well, and see what happens.
It´s just to make sure the wheel always puts out the maximum linear force.
So yes i guess you can say it´s to improve realism of the car even though FFB and wheels and how that all works together is a whole different ball game.

but yes, simply put, it´s to maximize the intended realism. Maximum linear force of the wheel.

It´s just to make sure the wheel always puts out the maximum linear force.
So yes i guess you can say it´s to improve realism of the car even though FFB and wheels and how that all works together is a whole different ball game.

but yes, simply put, it´s to maximize the intended realism. Maximum linear force of the wheel.

Great, I have changed my FFB settings for the Cadillac, the car I have been really struggling with, and wow it is much better. The FFB is lighter, but is smoother and doesn't have any weird heavy and light feeling going on randomly. :)

Just grabbed a 6 month free promotion for iRacing from Cadillac. First go here: https://www.cadillaccupracing.com/ and fill out the registration. You don't need to provide your real info, except full name and email. Then, a code will be sent to your email and it has to be redeemed here: http://www.iracing.com/cadillac/ . This is to new members only, and I'm assuming it is time limited.

Now that I have gotten into the game, I am getting frustrated with it. I have a G25. The brake is way too sensitive, lock ups happen quite easily. Also, the wheel just feels so loose. Any settings to help me out? Profiler and in-game.

Also, I can't switch view, I only have cockpit view. How do I change driving view? Thank you.
I would like to redeem this offer but in the registration I have fill in my adress and those things.

Hey guys, one more thing:

1 - My G25 vibrates a bit when I brake a little deep. The car doesn't lock the wheels but the wheel does a little vibration. I'm still getting used to the super sensitive response in iRacing. It's calibrated just fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back