iRacing Indy 500

not me, with all the yellows, this event easily eats up 3 hours or more, don't want to treat my back to that, my eyes neither. I'm pretty sure Freddie Besems will be around, he actually won his grid in another of these long-distance oval events last year, saying perseverance was the name of the game.

i'm aiming for a nice steady controlable setup just now - not too near the edge so, should something happen ahead of me (as i've seen in practice) i have a car that responds in a safe controlable manner.

doing this for the experience and the challenge to be honest. been on a 50lap race at once circuit (i forget which) which was 20sec lap time and it took 45 mins due to the amount of yellows straight after green.

it does puzzle me how, when forming for a restart, people cannot just hold a steady speed, just gently moving up to the car ahead - so many squirt and jam on the brakes or decide to weave constantly - it can be unnerving. i feel like my eyes are on stalks at times! :)

not me, with all the yellows, this event easily eats up 3 hours or more, don't want to treat my back to that, my eyes neither. I'm pretty sure Freddie Besems will be around, he actually won his grid in another of these long-distance oval events last year, saying perseverance was the name of the game.

took a long time to see this thread.

Still racing these long-distance races when i can.

Yep and it can take over 4 a 5 hours.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back