iRacing.com Japanese Grand Prix

inRacingNews.com said:
iRacing.com Japanese Grand Prix

b_series_japan-gp.jpg

Scene of some of the most exciting – and controversial -- races in the history of the World Drivers Championship, Suzuka Circuit hosts the final event in the 2011 World Tour of iRacing, the iRacing.com Japanese Grand Prix on October 8, 2011. Slated to run the day before Sebastien Vetel, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Fernando Alonzo, Lewis Hamilton and friends contest the 2011 Japanese Grand Prix, the iRacing.com Japanese Grand Prix will feature the Williams-Toyota FW31 and consist of 53 laps of the 17 turn, 3.6 mile Suzuka Grand Prix circuit with its distinctive cross-over/figure 8 layout.

Open practice and qualifying begins Thursday, October 6 at 00:30 GMT (Wednesday, October 5 at 8:30 pm ET), and is open to all iRacing members who own the car and track content. The race will start at 17:00 GMT (1 pm ET) on October 8 and will be preceded by a 15 minute warm-up to allow extra time to join the event.

The top three finishers in each split will be recognized on the Members Site and inRacingNews, and will receive a certificate for their achievement.

Series Details

• Event Date & Race Start: Race start at 17:00 GMT (1:00pm ET), Saturday October 8th

• Series: Members will select the Series tab and choose the iRacing.com Japanese Grand Prix

• Car: Williams-Toyota FW31

• Track: Suzuka Circuit, Grand Prix Configuration

• Practice Sessions: Open practice and qualifying sessions will begin on Thursday October 6th, 00:30 GMT

• Qualifying: Qualifying will sessions will begin 30 minutes after the hour and will occur every hour until the start of the race on Saturday, October 8th. Qualifying will consist of an open 20 minute session. The fastest lap from that session will count as your qualifying lap.

Qualifying will be open to all iRacing members. Each racing split will be decided by iRating. The order of each grid will be determined by qualifying time. Qualifying is not required. If a driver does not post a qualifying time they will be placed in a split after all drivers who did post qualifying times.

• Warm Up: Warm up will be 15 minutes to allow extra time to join into the event

• Safety Rating & iRating: This event is an official session and official session rules apply.

• Race Start, Pit stops, Yellow Flags: The race will begin with a two lane standing start. Typical pit stop rules will be in effect. No full course yellow flags will be used. Only local yellows will be used.

• Race Length: 53 laps

• Field Size: 26 racecars per split

• Cost: Free, no entry fee to all iRacing members

• Content Required: Williams-Toyota FW31 and Suzuka Circuit

• Race Reporting: The top 3 drivers in each split will be reported on the iRacing member’s page, and receive a certificate for their achievement.

F1suzuka4.jpg

F1suzuka2-1.jpg

F1suzuka5.jpg

Would be really cool to race and then watch the real life F1 race in the same weekend. Sooo much racing, sooo little time :)

I'm in for sure... Will and I as you can see were doing a few practice laps last night very late here... Again... lol...

It was crazy for sure, we were running at top speed with race fuel as close as you are seeing in those shots... hehehe I almost pulled a recreation of the Senna/Prost incident at one point.

Can anyone help. Although probably being way off the pace I might give this a go and would be grateful for some help:

How much fuel to start with?
How many stops for tyres?
How many stops for re fueling?

I haven't ever competed in a race where re fueling is necessary. How do you change the amount of fuel the team will put in at a pit stop?

Oh, and any other top tips to get me below 1.37 would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Steve, set race fuel in the black box's before gridding.
Tick or untick for tyres again in black box's, you can do this on the limiter down pit lane.
I'l see during prac today what feul I am running.
Anyone got a nice set up for under 37 then Pleeeeease?
Joe.... Will.... you dudes are always fast
Thanks
George

The setup that I was given is hitting about the same times as the Setup Dennis handed out. Thanks for doing that Dennis!!! I will personally be starting the race with 180lbs of fuel.

It seems that your racing line here is the most important tool you will have to say the very least. If you can maintain that line you will pick up speed, and remember slow down a little if it means keeping your line because you will get out of the corner faster. Brake a little early if someone is close in front of you, these cars brake like a BIG DOG and you have to have extreme reflexes if you don't brake early...

Well done Dennis. That was a very nice set up you gave out. Cheers.
I started 11th, but took too much curb in degna 1 lap 1... and had to be towed... finshed 13th with 8 incs so not too bad. Shame as my race pace was not too bad.
Great fun though. Shame about the silly error.
Gained .42 on the licence tho. ; )
Tuff break Joe.
Cheers
George

Ahhhhh that is just 4 degree's of wrong I tell ya... I just got an email not 10 minutes ago stating that my race was about to start soon for the Japanese Grand Prix...

GOoooo ahead iRacing, pour the salt in the wound I can take it... :eek:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back