iRacing: Circuit de la Sarthe Coming in September

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing LeMans 3.jpg

iRacing.com have confirmed the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe will be available to purchase in the September build of the popular online racing simulator.

In development for a considerable time now, the team over at iRacing are hard at work bringing the finishing touches to an iconic circuit made famous for hosting the world's most prestigious yearly endurance event, the Le Mans 24 Hour.

iRacing LeMans 2.jpg

Due to be recreated in all its glory using laserscanning technology, iRacing aim to recreate the 13.6km track at a level of detail so far unseen in any racing simulation to date. With a September release fast approaching the team over in America have admitted creating the track to be "a more difficult project from a management and art perspective than the Nordschleife" - which just goes to show how much work and attention is being lavished on this famous ribbon of racing tarmac.

The Le Mans 24 Hour race is the world's oldest sports car endurance race and one of the best known motor racing events across the globe. Held annually since 1923, the Le Man 24 Hour has long been known as the ultimate endurance test of man and machine against some of the toughest conditions possible in a closed circuit environment. Many of the motor racing greats have competed over the years at the Circuit de la Sarthe, with such legendary names as Tom Kristensen, Jacky Ickx, Hermann Lang, Phil Hill, Bruce McLaren, Graham Hill and Derek Bell having reached the chequered flag first after 24 gruelling hours of competition.

Due for release as part of the iRacing's September build, soon players will be able to have the opportunity to follow in such legendary wheel tracks themselves.

iRacing Le Mans Video:

More news and discussions regarding the iRacing simulation can be found over on our RaceDepartment iRacing forum.

Are you looking forward to the Le Mans release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one of quite a few idiots who pays their iRacing subs every year and then never races

It's like a gym subscription for some, people are sold on the idea that they CAN go and participate at any point but there always seems to be a reason why they can't!

A) Le Mans is the most boring track ever.

Yes, there are long straights, and that lends itself well to endurance racing where you need time to take a break and relax your mind and peacefully consider strategy...plus pass groups of slower cars or let the fast ones past.

iRacing has always made the alternate variations available to race, so I assume this would include the track they use for MotoGP (Bugatti Circuit?) which is within the Le Mans circuit.

It's like a gym subscription for some, people are sold on the idea that they CAN go and participate at any point but there always seems to be a reason why they can't!

You're dead right, never thought about it like that. My main comfort is I always renew in the half price Black Friday sale so it's not too much money wasted. :)

iRacing is great if it is your first choice sim and you are on there every week. My problem is I prefer the driving in AMS and AC so just never get around to it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000