iRacing Advice if possible (Class D)

I just got out of rookie in both oval and road this morning and got my Class D. I know I could ask these questions in the iRacing forum, but I'd rather do it here since you all are much friendlier. So here goes

1. My Safety rating was at 3.0 (I got promoted) but now has dropped down to 2.47 for ovals and 2.58 in Road and I haven't run anything in class D yet. Why did that happen? I figured it would stay at 3.0.
2. Should I run some of the Legends races in oval and some of the Production Car Challenge races in Rookie or should I focus all my effort on Class D stuff now? Does my safety rating need to be 4.0 before I can anything in class D?
3. Which series do you all recommend for Class D for both oval and road?

Thanks so much for any help. It's much appreciated as always.

That Spec Racer Ford scares me. I ran a lap or two at Okayama and lost the ass end several times. I guess I need good setups for it.

Hi Dave, I've been running SRF mostly for roughly 4 seasons, it's a great car (don't let notoriously slippery Okayama fool you) If you need setups check the SRF forum on iRacing they are posted/shared in the weekly track thread. As Steve said the community is great and so is the racing, one of the reasons I've stuck it so long.

We're at Gilles Villeneuve Circuit this week, nice track, should be fun.

Feel free to add me: Gerard McAreavey

Cheers! ;)

P.S. Mon the Hoops!
:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back