iRacing 2016 Season 2 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iracing Audi R8 LMS GT3.jpg

iRacing.com have released a sizable new build for the popular online only racing simulator, containing a host of updated content, new and improved features including DX11 support and the inclusion of four brand new cars from Audi, Mazda, Renault and Mercedes Benz.

Perhaps of significant interest to fans of the simulation is the new DirectX 11 beta executable, aimed at improving the rendering processes to reduce CPU bottlenecking and hopefully enhance the fluidity of the gaming experience. It should be noted that both DX9 and DX11 launch options are available and the graphical settings for each version are independently stored within the game.

iRacing advise users to note that when setting up any application overrides in your GPU’s device driver’s settings to take care to set them for the correct executable name(s).

Also of interest in the latest version of the simulator is the inclusion of a new 'Time of Day' feature that contains options for both morning and late afternoon on all tracks and race modes within the game.

Alongside a vast number of changes and fixes to a wide variety of cars within the sim includes the addition of visual dirt/grass/debris pickup on car both player and opponent tyres. Now when a car goes off track and gathers grass or gravel debris the visual dirtying of the tyres is slowly cleaned off as your car circulates the remainder of the race based on surface type, grip and speed of the vehicle. This is a very cool physics based feature that has been available since the previous season build but is now visually represented within the game.

With a changelog far too sizable to add to this article, the 2016 season 2 build is sure to be a significant upgrade to the simulation that continues to grow and improve with each new update.

iracing Mercedes AMG GT3.jpg iracing Audi R8 LMS GT3.jpg iracing MX-5 Cup.jpgiracing Formula Renault 2.0.jpg

Have you tried the new build yet? How does it compare to previous versions? Which new car are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes makes perfect sense. Im not opposed to spending money on something I enjoy. Heck ive spent over 100 dollars easily in raceroom experience. Its all about what I get out of it. No regrets. Im looking forward to the challenge
I've bought two new wheel rims for my T300 and definitely consider this my big hobby, I simply dont have a problem spending my money here. I really enjoy iRacing's fluid function of racing, along with its features and customization, really suits me. Im sure you will find a good challenge there, after a while if you race the same usual times, you will eventually find your nemesis.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%