iRacing 2.4 Hours of Daytona

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
It's a long shot for a solo driver, but it might just sky rocket your Safety Rating. The 2.4 Hours of Daytona are held this Saturday.

Are you driving it?

I've done a couple of practise sessions now and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Oh, it's quite dark out there... ;)

Well, I had a blast. Was helping a friend with moving the entire day and then finished it with the 2.4H race... My arms were done for when I crossed the finish line, but it was a blast! I qualified for the 4th split and came in dead last on the DP grid there. Managed to slowly make my way forward thought the field from 31st to 8th and finished just short of a lap behind the winner. Quite happy about it, although the SR-gain was not what I had hoped for. No losses though, so pleased overall.

Yes I ran this yesterday. I was definately a fun race, finished 8th in my split after starting 26th. A few close calls with other drivers spinning, but zero contact, and only one incident were I put a wheel off ever so slightly in turn one.
The time went by really quick, I was suprised. That was my longest sim racing event to date.
That was the first time I had driven this car in about a year, and I is alot nicer to drive now with the NTM.

You really missed something then. Why isn't your rig good enough?
I guess not all of us have the room (or funds in some cases) to put a rig together.

Mine is a case of not enough room, so settle for the wheel bolted to my desk, pedals underneath and a comfy office style chair for me to sit in, lol. Does the job for me as I don't race nowhere near enough to warrant making the room for one as I would only class myself as a casual racer but love what iRacing offers, lol.

;)

I had a blast driving the 2.4! :)

Didn't have much time to practice unfortunately, so I had a very stable and good setup for the infield but during the race I noticed I couldn't use the draft as good as the other DP's.

During the race, after about 10 minutes I encountered technical problems. A real one, not a fake sim one :)
There was a problem with my shifter paddles, the left one got stuck a lot of the time and my car was always downshifting...! Only solution was to go pit and reconfigure some buttons for shifting. It was like having to learn how to drive again and that while trying to maintain a good race pace. But that is what endurance racing is all about :)

I was dead last when I re-entered the race but after a nice, clean race I got from 32nd to 9th... It was only in the the 17th split, but who cares! :)

Did some practice yesterday with a little different setup and I went more than a second faster then on Saturday. So I know what to do for next year... try and find some extra time to practice :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%