1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Ipswich 200! Special V8 Event @ Queensland Raceway - Sat 21 February 2015

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    This is a special event, please take a minute of your time to read the information in this thread.

Track: Queensland Raceway (Download)
    Vehicle: V8 Stock Car 2014

[​IMG]

Schedule:
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:15 GMT - 15 minutes, See notes below!
    Warm Up: 19:30 GMT
    Race: 19:40 GMT - 200 kilometers; 65 Laps (Approx 80-90 Minutes) Standing Start.

Qualifying
    You will have 4 laps: one out-lap, 2 hot-laps, and an in-lap. This is in order to avoid traffic congestion when qualifying. Do not exceed 4 laps or you will be DQ'd and will start the race from the back of the grid.

Fuel & Pits

You will need to pit for both tyres and fuel. Plan your strategy (1, 2, 3 stop, etc) accordingly. As a general guideline (your consumption may be different based on driving style and set up), I completed 5 laps with the default set-up and my fuel consumption was 2.85L per lap. Over 65 laps, this would amount to 185.25L minimum fuel. Add extra fuel for use of the boost button! The fuel tank holds 100L maximum.

On the pit exit, check your mirrors. Traffic on the track have priority over you re-entering.

Race Start
    The race will begin with a standing start. Do not be a moron on the first lap and cause avoidable crashes by being overly aggressive. People will no doubt put time in to practice for this event and don't need their fun ruined by stuff you'd see on a public server. It is a long race, you won't win it in the first corner. You've been warned.

Additionally, I recommend doing a little practice with a grid of AI cars for a few laps; it is very different from hot lapping and the experience of running in packs of cars will help keep the event clean and fun for everyone. The track tends to produce close side by side racing.

[​IMG]

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Assists:
    Auto-Clutch available only.

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Priority Access
    In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event. Premium members please sign up at least 24 hours in advance to be given priority; I won't kick a non-premium member off the list if your sign up is very late. Don't forget Licensed memberships are being phased out.

1. Andrew James
    2. Craig Patteson
    3. Warren Schembri
    4. Fabio Rodrigues
    5. Andrew Harper
    6. Paul Hurlow
    7. Arne Freiensehner
    8. Sven-Arne Andersson
    9. Dean Solomon
    10. Genci Estebanez
    11. Jan Mikuž
    12. Andy Jackson
    13. Fabrizio Telasio
    14. Enzo Fazzi
    15. Mark Breslin
    16. Gabriel Sterr
    17. Tal Segal
    18. Andre Gaida
    19. Jeff Lasecki
    20. Stefan Erxmeyer
    21. Charles Baccio
    22. Davy Vandevenne
    23. Frank van Oeveren
    24. Yuri Kasdorp
    25. Joao Fernandes
    26. Theo van den Brink
    RESERVES - You will be tagged if a spot opens up, or if a driver on the main list doesn't show up by the time quali starts.
    1. Ian Navarro
    2. Jyri Kettunen

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  2. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer XB1 Gamertag RIPDazza8405 Premium Member

Sign me up :)

3. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

[​IMG]

Sign me up please.

Is it maybe best that everyone takes a specific car so we dont have 10 cars with the same skin?

4. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Oh god. Sign me up! I'm out of town until the 15th so I'll be itchin' for some racin', and this should be what the doctor ordered, yay.

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Sign me up! Looking forward to this one :thumbsup:

6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Good idea but there are too many liveries to choose from, it'd be too much work. I think it'll be fine as it is :thumbsup: Thanks though!

7. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

This looks good :thumbsup: Sign me up :)

8. Dachsos

Dachsos
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

9. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

10. Oh man. I have company in town that weekend, but if I were free, I'd be all over it.

11. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium Member

Sign me up please @Nox. I'm lucky as this special event lands on one of my two weekends off from work.:) This would be perfect after my bad luck in RDMCC S8. Should be loads of fun!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  12. Sign me up please. This is the kind of event I like

13. sign me up, please!

14. Looks like fun, sign me up.:)

15. Fab #28

Fab #28
    Powerboat racing in-shore driver #28 Premium Member

[​IMG]

16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Sign me up please :)

17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Please note a change in policy (actually, a redirect back to previous policy). No assists except auto-clutch. Thanks.

18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

@Nox
    Have a good, clean and fun race all.
    Cheers
    Andy

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  19. Oh no....I have a compromise for this day!!
    Damn!! :(:(

20. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

@Nox 80 min race? Yes please! Sign me up!