• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS6 - how do you like it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    I'm updating my iPhone4S right now and the screens looked very similar to what iOS5 was. Is it really better or merely a minor update containing Facebook integration and other minor stuff? How do you guys / gals like the update?

2. Hampus Andersson

Hampus Andersson

Ratings:
    +3,774
    I have a 4 (build quality is incredible)

Only thing i noticed was the number pad having a facelift.
    And that the phone seems to run a tad slower for some reason. Barely noticeable though.

Was pretty dissappointed with the 5. It´s a 4 with a little bit better CPU and one extra row of icons.

they should have called it Iphone 4RS or something.
    I really expected at least 1080p screen res and something revolutionary again.

Like the jump from Iphone 3 to 4.

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    iOS6 != iPhone5, Hampus. Please don't derail this thread - even tho I have to agree with you.

iOS6 is running fine on my 4S for almost a day now, just sad that Google Maps is gone. YouTube released a pretty nice app already but there's no proper app from Google yet.

Panorama photos is working pretty ok as well, having a DND button is nice, too.

4. Morten Wernersen

Morten Wernersen

Ratings:
    +2,020
    :whistling:
    [​IMG]

Can't see what so wrong with those maps I never youse them, I youse google earth for iphone instead ;)
    I can't really see the big difference from ios5 to ios6, probaly becaus I'm yousing the old iPhone4, but I like that you don't have to type youre pw every time you have to update anapp :)

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    It's all working fine for me!

About updates: that was possible in iOS5 as well but it would've meant that purchases won't require your password either. :)