1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

iOS6 - how do you like it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I'm updating my iPhone4S right now and the screens looked very similar to what iOS5 was. Is it really better or merely a minor update containing Facebook integration and other minor stuff? How do you guys / gals like the update?

2. I have a 4 (build quality is incredible)

Only thing i noticed was the number pad having a facelift.
    And that the phone seems to run a tad slower for some reason. Barely noticeable though.

Was pretty dissappointed with the 5. It´s a 4 with a little bit better CPU and one extra row of icons.

they should have called it Iphone 4RS or something.
    I really expected at least 1080p screen res and something revolutionary again.

Like the jump from Iphone 3 to 4.

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

iOS6 != iPhone5, Hampus. Please don't derail this thread - even tho I have to agree with you.

iOS6 is running fine on my 4S for almost a day now, just sad that Google Maps is gone. YouTube released a pretty nice app already but there's no proper app from Google yet.

Panorama photos is working pretty ok as well, having a DND button is nice, too.

4. :whistling:
    [​IMG]

Can't see what so wrong with those maps I never youse them, I youse google earth for iphone instead ;)
    I can't really see the big difference from ios5 to ios6, probaly becaus I'm yousing the old iPhone4, but I like that you don't have to type youre pw every time you have to update anapp :)

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's all working fine for me!

About updates: that was possible in iOS5 as well but it would've meant that purchases won't require your password either. :)