Invisible cars problem in rFactor

Well i spent a few hours lastnight testing out stuff to try and solve this "Invisible Cars" problem,i think i covered just about every possible setting tweak and still get the problem,sometimes its even worse than invisible cars i get,some of them are just wild mental jumbles of textures and bits and pieces sticking out all over the place,really surreal looking corrupt stuff :/,i have narrowed the problem down to the ammount of cars in a race on certain tracks,the worst case is 17 cars only,any more than that and they will be invisible,the best case will allow 24 cars,this same problem occurs with the PCC mod but thats it,Lupo's-Trucks-Enduro-E90 Liga-etc. etc. are all no probs and you can pack the grid as much as you like.
I am very open to suggestions and possible paths to a solution for this guys,Ryan says its related to ATi 4000 series Vs. some rF mods,i have a 4890 1gb card,anyone else out there on a 4000 series?,im seriously considering a quick upgrade to a 5750 or 5770 that i see at tempting prices.

Cheers guys (Help!!) :(

Well I have just tested V8 Factor on mine no probs with 105 cars not that I would usually put that many cars on the track, so far it's only touring car legends that I have the issues with and that is one of my favs so I'm spewing that I have this invisible car issue that I can't seem to fix

Aye i can empathise with you on this one Thorn,if it wasnt for the fact the WTM events grew in numbers so much,i might never have noticed this,as i stated here previously i found different results from mod to mod with regards to how many cars you had to put on the grid until some "invisibles" happened.
Have you tried that LODbias tweaking fix in the .CAM file posted here?,i never got to try that out at all as i went to Win7 before that got posted,im terrible with patience in those kind of matters and tend to just throw money at it rather than brain power :D.

Yes Gary I have, it did nothing, their must be a common denominator somewhere, I have actually started to pull apart the TCL mod and reassemble the Mas files and folder files differently to see if that works, I'm basing the structure on Mods that do work. I am going to carry out further tests on my older computer that has exactly the same graphics card to see if I get the same results. Gary do you recall what mods you had issues with, I would like to test as many mods as I can that have been known to have these issues so I can see if I can pinpoint that common denominator

Erwin I found that all standard cars were okay when I tested, not to say that you would experience the same thing, have you got touring car legends by any chance ? If you do could you tell me if that works for you or not, also what mods have you got that do work and don't work. I am also going to try ATI to see if they can identify as to why this issue maybe happening perhaps it could be to do with the graphics card drivers for the XP system

Hi all I have a solution I solved this issue using wombat.dll. I have no more invisible cars on any mod with up to 100 cars from my testing http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia%20FPS%20Fix

This is a plugin that was actually designed for solving frame rate compatibility for nvidia cards, but I was perusing the the forums on the ISI site when I came across a forum with people whom have ATI 4000 & 5000 series graphics cards who have been using this plugin to improve their frame rates, interestingly enough I noticed a lot of the people giving the positive feedback that were also utilising Windows XP, also noted that these individuals weren't having any invisible car issue, so I decided to give it a go and as stated above I am no longer having this annoying issue.

"LocalCam=COCKPIT". Find the line "LODMultiplier=(1.000000)" and try increasing that value to (1.200000) or even higher if you like.
perfect. that should be 2.000000+ on anything upwards of sandybridge. leinz looked terrible until 4.000000
also enable more cores than core 0 for double cpu related performance, if it's a problem

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back