F1 2010 Invalid Laps

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Is there any way to stop that from happening in the Time Trials. Nothing is more annoying then to be 2/3's done with a timed lap and have an issue and it stops timing the lap.

I have a sure fire, guaranteed way of not getting that: stay on the road!

Hope that helps.

I am well aware of that my friend, but sometimes when you push it you will run off the track. I have had times that because I brush the wall I get the penalty. I am simply looking for a way to fix it it in the off line Time Trial mode.

I agree that the penalty system is sometimes stupid, and it still sometimes gives you invalid next lap which is really crap. But I rather have a harsh penalty system than people cutting track for times on the leaderboards.

I agree 100% if you cut the track, but again I am talking about racing off line and if I did cut the track, I am really not hurting anyone. Besides off line if I cut a corner in the Time Trial mode it is an invalid lap. If I am in the career mode and in practice it is a simple warning.
But if I am stuck with this, I guess I will just learn to live with it.

I do agree that the Time Trial penalty system is a bit strict at times.
In Monaco I ran wide on the hairpin a couple times and brushed the barrier a tiny bit and it invalidated the lap. A bit harsh.

They need to revise it slightly for 2011.

Then what youre looking for is a cheat, which will only distract you from how to drive when youre online or dont use it.

Well call what you will, but first of all I don't race online and second of all I watch F1 all the time and I don't see them have a lap time taken away because they simply went off track. Granted the time does not matter as it is much higher than had it been a clean lap, but again I don't see the time stopped. I have no problem with the it being stopped if I cut the track to improve my overall lap time.

Well call what you will, but first of all I don't race online and second of all I watch F1 all the time and I don't see them have a lap time taken away because they simply went off track. Granted the time does not matter as it is much higher than had it been a clean lap, but again I don't see the time stopped. I have no problem with the it being stopped if I cut the track to improve my overall lap time.

Unfortunately its not as easy as what you saying, remember this is a computer that has to work out wether you meant to go to wide on that corner or was it an accident? Theres just no sure fire way, so the next best thing is to make the system harsh since we are looking for the "perfect lap" in time trials.

As Andrew stated, the system is lacking, but what makes up for lack of intelligence in it is that it is very harsh. I dont see the point in improving your lap times on your own computer in a way that isnt accepted online. But if it floats your boat =)

But you can see your lap time as you cross the finish line anyway.. it just isnt transferred onward.

The game only classes it as corner cutting if all four wheels leave the track, otherwise you are fine. The exception to this is where the kerb is covered over and is accepted as part of the racing line ie Turn 8 @ Catalunya or Turn 7 @ Montreal.

My background is rally driving games, so I tend to cut corners slightly anyway. But after a few seasons of career mode you get to know how much of a corner you can cut and whether its worth it.

I still don't know how touching a wall could be a reason for invalidating a lap? In my experience, it's only ever slowed me down!

difference of perspective =) I played NFS Shift extensively and competed with the best there for a long time. There is something we call "wallriding" in that game" which basically is going full throttle into different corners and sliding along the wall and then driving on without any penalty or disqualification. Even if the walls slow you down like in this game, you can still find places where you gain much on doing it because you never touch the brake, you keep accelerating until you finally hit the wall, then straight towards the throttle again.

So for me this is a welcomed feature

difference of perspective =) I played NFS Shift extensively and competed with the best there for a long time. There is something we call "wallriding" in that game" which basically is going full throttle into different corners and sliding along the wall and then driving on without any penalty or disqualification. Even if the walls slow you down like in this game, you can still find places where you gain much on doing it because you never touch the brake, you keep accelerating until you finally hit the wall, then straight towards the throttle again.

LONDON ROYAL MILE!!! LOL (And the other London variants of that track. Yeah, that crap was ridiculous! I'm sure that's what they're trying to avoid!)

difference of perspective =) There is something we call "wallriding" in that game" which basically is going full throttle into different corners and sliding along the wall and then driving on without any penalty or disqualification. Even if the walls slow you down like in this game, you can still find places where you gain much on doing it because you never touch the brake, you keep accelerating until you finally hit the wall, then straight towards the throttle again.

A pretty good example of this helping walls in Monaco is the exit of "Bureau de tabac" just before the pool.
You don't even need to touch the brakes at the entry and, with the "pseudo" dammages of F1 2010, by sliding against that wall, you gain a lot. Try this in an F1 in rFactor or even better, in GPL and you'll be lucky if you can complete your lap.

So good thing this feature is on, specially for time trial.

LeZaz

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years