1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Introduction from Scotland!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Smokeysworld, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld
    It's not a Rover, it's an MG!

Well, I signed up a few days ago and now I shall bore you with who I am and why I signed up!

My names Blair but known as Smokey. I'm 35 and live in Scotland (near Dundee) and have a passion for Motorsport. I am also an MG fan having owned 6 so far, there will be more! To make it more interesting, here are a few photos of the ones I've owned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the current one, sitting outside the house
    [​IMG]
    Being that Knockhill is my closest circuit, I have had 2 of them for track fun (all of them are 2.5l V6's)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The engine blew up on circuit so I and a couple of mates had to replace it but it made for a good photo opportunity from the cars behind!
    [​IMG]
    You can probably see the familiarity of the track car liveries with those of the MG ZS in the BTCC many years ago, I've followed it for a long time!

In terms of gaming (and the reason for being here), I used to run a BTCC style league on an MG forum which was great fun as it appealed to drive cars in a close racing scenario without the public server joy riders!

With Project C.A.R.S coming, I decided, having an OK gaming PC (to be replaced with better come December) that I would finally invest in a steering wheel I'd wanted for years to play with pCars.
    So I purchased a G27 and am awaiting the race seat rig to go with it. The PC is connected to my 42" TV in the living room with 5.1 surround sound so I can't wait to get it all set up. (my wife really loves me, almost as much as she loves BTCC!)

In the meantime, I went on the hunt for a decent forum with leagues and have tested the G27 with an old build of pCars and I bought AC to test online.
    I'm hooked!
    It is far more immersive than a controller on Forza and it's opened my eyes to the increased difficulties of wheel/pedals/H-shifter but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I prefer slow production cars which is sadly lacking in AC and pCars so it's a lot of adapting for me but I look forward to the challenge!

I will be signing up to the leagues once I am a little better, but if you see me online and I'm not quite up to par, I apologise!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Melv

Melv
    Premium Member

Welcome to RD. (You don need to apologise as long as you dont drive with scotch whiskey in your system :p)

You don need to wait just hop into one of the causual club races, lots of tips and friendly folk and good clean racing

3. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

This is my plan for days off, I see finally managed a few laps without spinning out!

• Like Like x 1
  4. MentalTM

MentalTM
    Premium Member

welcome smokey, also a fellow Scot here (Turriff,Aberdeenshire). Hopefully join you for a race or two on Project Cars when its released.

5. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Thanks for the welcome! Only 1 week to go. Sadly I'll be away for 3 weeks and only home weekends so wont even get to play much initially :(