Introducing the Toyota Celica ST185 for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 4.jpg

Reveal number four from the upcoming Ready to Race DLC for Assetto Corsa - presenting something slightly different in the form of the Toyota Celica ST185 WRC contender.

We fans are by now well aware that the next car pack from Kunos Simulazioni will be the 10 car strong 'Ready to Race' DLC, designed specifically for fans of racing vehicles and containing a nice mix of modern and historic machinery.

One of the more surprising inclusions into the pack comes in the form of the hugely successful WRC specification Toyota Celica ST185 featured in this article. With Assetto Corsa not particularly known for its loose surface simulation prowess, it is perhaps a little surprising to some to see such an iconic World Rally Championship car finding its way into the game as official paid content. Of course we had the venerable Audi Quattro as free content a few weeks ago, and many at the time thought that would be the beginning of the end for studio released rally spec cars.... not so according to Kunos.

With killer good looks and one of the best paint jobs in motorsport, the Celica could well be a real treat to behold once the 'Ready to Race' DLC pack goes live on Thursday.

Alongside the images revealed by Kunos today, the Italians are keeping up the tradition of writing a few short words about the car, which can be read below:

The Toyota Celica ST185 is Toyota's most successful rally car, winning the WRC Driver's Championship in 1992, and the WRC Manufacturer's and Driver's Championships in both 1993 and 1994.

In order to meet the Group A competition's homologation requirements, 5,000 GT-Four RC production versions of the Celica were manufactured, starting from September 1989.

The Toyota Celica ST185 made its debut at the Monte Carlo Rally, the opening round of the 1992 World Rally Championship series, but it wasn't until mid-season did it then become successful

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The 'Ready to Race' DLC is scheduled to launch on Thursday 18th May.

Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185  2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Toyota Celica ST185 .jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

We hold regular league and club racing events across a variety of content found within the game, however to celebrate this mega new inclusion to Assetto Corsa we are holding a very special on off GT1 specification race on Sunday 21st May. Sign up here and get yourself in on the action.

Looking forward to some sideways action? How do you feel about prominent rally cars being added to Assetto Corsa? Would you like to see an official Kunos created rally stage to test the car on? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
wrong, the absolute OP is the Audi r8 lms ultra, but this is going to be ded like they killed the 12c when the new mclaren was released.
For the AMG is not really off pace, it requires a setup to be right, it has very sensitive aero, so the setup window to get it right is very narrow, but for pace is very close to the ferrari or lambo, or 650s, the audi is the only one is faster everywhere.

I´m talking about competitive GT3 online-league-racing where you see the McLaren 650S on pole like everytime after the Ferrari was dominant for months after release. It´s not the straightline speed, it´s just glued to the track in corners which make it even dominant at Monza. And nobody picks the Audi LMS Ultra as well as the AMG if there are better choices like a Nissan.

How to enjoy your Toyota Celica on road tracks : go to content/tracks/trackofchoice/data/surfaces; change value of surface(s) like concrete, tarmac or whatever it's called from the original +95 to a about half that value. Save, enjoy the drifting.
Data is publically available, no hack no illegal business. Just a personal setting.
just remember to create a backup first.

I´m talking about competitive GT3 online-league-racing where you see the McLaren 650S on pole like everytime after the Ferrari was dominant for months after release. It´s not the straightline speed, it´s just glued to the track in corners which make it even dominant at Monza. And nobody picks the Audi LMS Ultra as well as the AMG if there are better choices like a Nissan.
im talking ACRL league, where there are a lot of fast drivers there, even kunos beta testers and every season there is some BOP testings with the fastest drivers, the audi is the fastest as we speak Mclaren is fast too but not as much

im talking ACRL league, where there are a lot of fast drivers there, even kunos beta testers and every season there is some BOP testings with the fastest drivers, the audi is the fastest as we speak Mclaren is fast too but not as much
But you know Kunos changed the BoP with a recent update. I was driving in SRS before this update and the Audi had no chance at all, at least not for a win. Always Ferrari was winning often the hole podium and this are very good sim-racers. The AMG wasn´t so bad before the update it seems, but atm it sucks, Ferrari got slower in pace and the McLaren is the new dominant car.

But you know Kunos changed the BoP with a recent update. I was driving in SRS before this update and the Audi had no chance at all, at least not for a win. Always Ferrari was winning often the hole podium and this are very good sim-racers. The AMG wasn´t so bad before the update it seems, but atm it sucks, Ferrari got slower in pace and the McLaren is the new dominant car.
since v10 tyres the ferrari was changed , and audi became fastest and it is because it never stalls unlike others.
The AMG doesn't suck, what probably suck is the setup people run

This car is WRONG, mostly the rear, but headlight size is wrong too, and overall front proportions are off.
Don't get me started on that rear window, I can't believe they missed the black frame.

View attachment 191309

Looks like this was done by the same guy who did the AE86.
Really surprising to see the sheer amount of wrong details there on that car ,
Never seen so many ,
To the lines on the front bumper , door handles , under tray , lights , windows ,
Staggering to think about , quality is normally a priority on all Kunos content ,

I was coming to ask about Physics , I know these cars are AWD , Wasnt 100% if they added this support ,
I know at one time there wasnt any 4WD support , but not sure as of now ?
Anyone clarify on this :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four

Never seen so many ,
To the lines on the front bumper , door handles , under tray , lights , windows ,
Staggering to think about , quality is normally a priority on all Kunos content ,

I was coming to ask about Physics , I know these cars are AWD , Wasnt 100% if they added this support ,
I know at one time there wasnt any 4WD support , but not sure as of now ?
Anyone clarify on this :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Celica_GT-Four

We've had AWD for a long time now, its been through a couple iterations too :roflmao:

This car is WRONG, mostly the rear, but headlight size is wrong too, and overall front proportions are off.
Don't get me started on that rear window, I can't believe they missed the black frame.

View attachment 191309

Looks like this was done by the same guy who did the AE86.
God darn it Kunos! It's like the Hachiroku all over again.
Who's responsible for that?

Never seen so many ,
The AE86 is just as bad, if not even worse.

God darn it Kunos! It's like the Hachiroku all over again.
Who's responsible for that?

The AE86 is just as bad, if not even worse.
I was sooo excited for this car , Brings back so many memories from been younger ,
Like the Focus WRC from colin Mcrae rally ,
These two cars are soo iconic its unreal ,
That car looks like it just came from the butchers shop :speechless:

@Gergo Panker issues have been noted, not by myself alone, but by other experienced artists here as well, just read the latest comments. That if you guys are willing to fix the car, otherwise, just don't mind all the chattering.
Only Thing I can think of ,
Is over the few years , there is different variations of the car ,
Lets not jump the gun just yet ,
Lets compare some more footage ,
Car was in production quite a few years , Maybe this one is a different model ?

Wishful thinking I know , but its an option :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back