Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Radical RXC Turbo GT3.jpg

Introducing the Radical RXC Turbo GT3 of rFactor 2 - A new Studio 397 artistic trailer.

With the GT3 Power Pack DLC from Studio 397 gaining popularity within the sim racing community, Studio 397 have released a nice introduction video for one of the more obscure cars from the pack, the very nimble and rather sexy looking Radical Cars RXC Turbo.. a lesser spotted GT3 car but without doubt one of the most distinctive looking machines that currently races under the global GT3 regulations employed throughout the motorsport world.

Available now via the Steam store, the GT3 Power Pack can be purchased as either a full five car package or as individual items. The pack retails for £13.35 and can be purchased HERE.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and get yourself involved with the rFactor 2 community!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

How are you finding the GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 so far? Happy with the new DLC? How does the Radical compare to its rivals in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

How are you finding the GT3 Power Pack for rFactor 2 so far? Happy with the new DLC? How does the Radical compare to its rivals in your opinion?
I am personally really liking the direction and I feel we are in good hands with Studio 397...loving the GT3 pack, liking all cars equally really....keep up the great work and looking forward to the future of rF2.
P.S. Christmas is nearly here...what Sim racing goodies do the developers have in store for us I wonder...lol

The GT3 Power Pack has great physics, nicely balanced racing with a unique feel to all the cars. I'm very pleased with the driving experience and default setups, but underwhelmed by too many polygons so fps suffers a bit, lack of skins, and lack of talent files (AI opponent names like "Test Driver 1", really!?).

Studio 397 has taken steps to improve the fps performance by making changes to the LODs (hint: if you have fps trouble, turn opponent details to Medium), but unless there's a coding miracle waiting in the wings, the high polygon models have hurt people with older GPUs (600 & 700 series NVidia), entry-level VR, 4k screens, & triple screens. If you have a single screen with a newer card, then you're probably fine.

The lack of skins & talent files may or may not have something to do with license agreements & external approvals. They are unfortunately overlooked features that gives a rushed feeling to the released package. Those of us that bought the Power Pack in advance are happy the cars were released, yet annoyed by these issues. One additional skin was released for the Mercedes to resolve a painting template issue.

Loving this pack and have tried all the cars out apart from this one. Will remedy that soon. I think the reason behind not trying it out, for me at least, is that it doesn't really fit with the GT racing I watch. I'm predominantly aa Blancpain GT fan and this car is not present in this series.
I'll probably give it a go in a same make series but, with lack of skins, it'll look a little odd :O_o::whistling:

I wasn't going to watch it until you said something. But holy :poop: you're right. That was horrible. It would've been an awesome trailer in 2005. :laugh:

if ure looking to GT sport levels of production where GT sport marketing department is bigger than the actual number of ppl working on rf2 ure not seeing the amazing bank per buck on the production of these trailers. I can see u guys have no idea what "good work" or "good editing" looks like by having the opinions u have. rly

if ure looking to GT sport levels of production where GT sport marketing department is bigger than the actual number of ppl working on rf2 ure not seeing the amazing bank per buck on the production of these trailers. I can see u guys have no idea what "good work" or "good editing" looks like by having the opinions u have. rly

Dude, I used to do better trailers than that for Historic GT mod back in 2007-2008. And I was the whole marketing department of the team. xD

I'm sorry so many of you seem to dislike it. I hope you'll prefer the next one.
Hey Ed....Sorry maybe I was a little crude, but for me it seemed a little rushed. I know it takes a lot of time to gather and compile all the cuts into a working product, so I'll explain what I didn't like. It started out good 0-12sec, but then there were too many quick cuts. And the quality of the cuts were not the best shots to highlight the car. The slowing down and speeding up of the video at times also looked strange. For me personally, if you're highlighting the release of a new car I want to see and hear the sounds of that car in all it's glory. Quick jerky clips doesn't let me see the details of that car.
Maybe this was considered a "teaser" video, but it doesn't get me excited about the car, even though I already bought the pack when it first came out. ;) Also I actually thought this was a video put out by Studio 397. I didn't think it was from an individual that didn't work for the company. Kind of weird logic on my part I guess, but I probably wouldn't have been so critical if I knew it was put out by one individual as opposed to being created by the company. If that makes any sense? :O_o:

… the work that Ed is doing for us. Think you can do better? Wait for our upcoming video competition!
Well… Are you throwing the name of the exact person who made the video out so that if any fan can do better he/she can potentially take Ed's job? :speechless:

No Ed we are not blaming the quality of the video or anything. Personally I really appreciate the effort you put in making this video and I would like to see more RF2 official videos. We just have high hopes for the game, and in my humble opinion this one movie is a bit underwhelming (compared to competitors' and RF2 hardcore fans' makes).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back