Introducing.. RDGPC S6 - Sign Up is OPEN!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDGPC Now Open 3.jpg

RaceDepartment are proud to present the sixth running of our premium open wheel championship - RDGPC returns with Automobilista and the mighty Formula Three!

Following a season fraught with difficulties last time out, RDGPC returns under new management, refreshed, revitalised and bigger and better than ever before.

New for season 6 will be our spilt server championship schedule, giving drivers two opportunities to be crowned champion as we split the league into two separate league seasons. Depending on your performance from the opening qualification race in Spielberg, we will form the upcoming league into two split race schedules that can accommodate up to a maximum of 85 drivers for the new league season, giving more of you the opportunity to become part of our premier open wheel championship league.

Also new for RDGPC 6 will be the much heralded return of the mini but mighty F309 Formula Three car. Although the Formula Three of GSCE found fame in our very first RDGPC season, this will be the first time the vastly improved version of the vehicle from Automobilista has been used in a league at RaceDepartment. With such a hugely popular following in our club racing events, we expect the decision to replace the often difficult Dallara DW12 from past seasons with something a little more "racy" will be a popular one indeed...

As always from a RaceDepartment league you can expect a professional presentation, full and exclusive live stream coverage and an on track product that produces some of the best racing anywhere in the world.

Sounds like fun? Read on to find out more and get yourself to our SIGN UP thread and become part of the action yourself!

So this all sounds like fun.. tell me more!

The Sim
Automobilista.jpg

Automobilista. PC exclusive and packed full of racing goodies. Developed by Reiza Studios and featuring some of the most highly regarded physics and FFB from any of the current crop of racing sims, we have chosen this title as we feel the level of depth of features, stability and accessibility are the perfect combination to allow realistic, hard fought and fair battles throughout what we expect to be a thrilling season of racing.

Automobilista is available HERE on the Steam network.

The Car
RDGPC Now Open 1.jpg

Incredibly popular during our regular Club Racing events, the latest season of our RDGPC racing league will make use of the mighty but small Formula Three F309. High downforce and superb in the corners, Formula Three has been a breading ground for Grand Prix drivers of the future since practically the beginning of motorsport as we know it, and the current gen F309 is a wonderful addition to that long and impressive tradition of junior formula cars.

Available as part of the standard Automobilista package, we have chosen one of the most popular vehicles from the simulation that should allow our drivers the best opportunity to experience a thrilling challenge out on the circuit.

The League
For RDGPC Season 6 we decided to do something a little bit different. Gone are the tricky to drive and super fast open wheel cars of previous years, and in it's place we will be running not one, but two high profile championships running side by side to each. Both leagues will be utilising the F309 Formula Three machine, and both the main and supporting championship will benefit from full, professional and high quality live broadcasts on both our main site and YouTube.

The Schedule
RDGPC Schedule.jpg

Held over five rounds, totalling 310 laps and taking in some of the finest circuits in world motorsport, RDGPC 6 should be a tightly contested and hard fought battle of speed, skill and racing finesse. From the Grand Prix venue of Hockenheim for our season opener, to the best of the Brazilian national venues in Goinia, the punishing streets of Adelaide, back to Brazil once again and rounding out with the absolutely stunning Oulton Park in Cheshire, our schedule is packed with tracks that make a simply perfect fit for the stunning little Formula Three machine.

Starting activity for our qualification event on September 30th and ending the season on January 27th, RDGPC will present four months of adrenaline fuelled open wheel activity!

RDGPC Sign Up.jpg

The sign up window for RDGPC Season 6 has opened. You can check out the SIGN UP thread and our additional MATCHMAKING thread for details on how to register for the league, and to find yourself a drive for either championship within the series.

We have spots available for a total of 85 drivers and will be looking for team's with a maximum of two drivers per team.

RDGPC Now Open 2.jpg

The RaceDepartment Grand Prix Championship is our premier open wheel racing league, and as such we expect the demand for places to be high. If you want to race in our professionally organised and expertly run series then you better act fast! With two classes of racing, some of the best tracks available for Automobilista and a packed field of competitive open wheel drivers, this year should be the biggest and best edition of the series we have ever hosted.

Sim racing, Automobilista and Formula Three are all awesome, I can't wait to see it all kick into life this September 30th!

RDGPC Season 6 begins with a pre season qualifier on Saturday 30th September at the Formula One venue of Spielberg in Austria, with the season opener beginning on November 4th with a 60 lap battle around the Hockenheim Grand Prix circuit in Germany.

You can sign up for the season by checking out the link HERE.
You can search for teams and drivers in our 'Matchmaking' thread HERE.
You can discuss the new league in our 'General Discussion' area HERE.

Last edited:
cool stuff guys, just one remark, if the 3 club race needed rule exists really just make sure to extend the F3 races for weekend dates now on the club as if there are any guys based on the American continent are able to race as weekday races right now are hard for a majority of the people in the American continent.

Other than good luck with the league :) , I'm not taking part though as me and the F3 cars don't get along with each other :/

Wish some League events were on a Sunday :(

There may be the possibility of the GT league being on a Sunday maybe so they don't clash, but Saturdays are tough for me. I work alternate Saturdays so if the races fall on the right one I'm fine, if not I'm just too tired to race, or I'm still at work once the sessions start.

I also work Fridays till midnight so I'm really hoping they don't do the GT league then! lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%