FM6 Introducing Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza Motorsport 6 Premium Edition.png

Turn 10 Studios and Microsoft have released the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition for Windows 10 PC, adding the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife and an additional 14 new cars from the Caterham Superlight R500 to the mighty 2016 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R as seen racing in the Japanese GT Series.

Originally shipped as more of free tech demo for Windows 10 PC, Turn 10 Studios have now gone a further step with the title and released a more fleshed out paid version of the game. Essentially the Premium Edition adds both the Power to Weight and Hyper Endurance Car Packs plus the epic Nordschleife circuit in both dry and wet conditions as well as a night and day variant. Alongside the new content (that can be purchased as both an upgrade to the existing base game or as the standalone Premium edition) Turn 10 have added "several new Spotlight events purpose built to showcase their capabilities". All cars and the Nordschleife can be played in both Free Play mode and their respective Showcase events.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition car list and Individual packs:

Power to Weight Car Pack
  • 2016 Ford Mustang GT350R
  • 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
  • 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
  • 2014 BAC Mono
  • 2013 SRT Viper GTS
  • 2013 Caterham Superlight R500
  • 2013 KTM X-Bow R
Hyper Endurance Car Pack
  • 2016 #66 Ford Racing GT LeMans
  • 2016 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
  • 2015 Koenigsegg One:1
  • 2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
  • 2014 BAC Mono
  • 2013 #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R Viper
  • 2013 Lamborghini Veneno
  • 2012 Hennessey Venom GT
Nürburgring Track Pack
  • Nürburgring Grand Prix Track
  • Nordschleife Circuit
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife Combined
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex supported wheels:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Release Trailer:

Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Premium Edition is available for Windows 10 PC through the Microsoft Store at £14.24. The Premium Edition contains both the Power to Weight and Hyper Endurance Car Packs.

The Forza Motorsport 6: Apex sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to come and discuss the first foray into the world of PC racing for the Forza series. Head over to the sub forum now and join in with your fellow fans of the title.

Will you be purchasing Forza 6: Apex Premium Edition for PC? How do you think the series has been received on PC? Do you like the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Force feedback is crappy, graphics are to demanding, I have only played it twice since the day it was released and for about 10 minutes each time, that was as much as I could take.

I know it is only Forza and not Assetto Corsa, but come on lift your game because this and Horizon 3 are becoming disgraceful very quickly!

And as for still not being able to use my TH8A shifter on Horizon 3 (PC) well that is beyond words, old muscle cars on paddle shift, Lol what a joke! But you can use the shifter on the Xbox version, WTF...

Last edited:
No. Haven't even tried Forza Apex yet because the Windows 10 anniversary update still will make my system crash.

I complained about this to a friend who works for Microsoft, and he said he couldn't get that update installed either :/

No. Haven't even tried Forza Apex yet because the Windows 10 anniversary update still will make my system crash.

I complained about this to a friend who works for Microsoft, and he said he couldn't get that update installed either :/
One thing that should work is reinstall the OS with the latest ISO instead of trying to do the update from inside Windows. You'd have to save your files elsewhere in the meantime, of course.

Big problem with Apex is that it does not have any upgrades. This means that you are at a big disadvantage with some cars, LaFerrari for example is P class while the Mclaren P1 sits in S2.

These big gaps in performance make the choice of car for each event very obvious. It's a shame.

I know i'm gonna get slap for this but i enjoy Forza tiltles for what they are....focused on console market and accessibilty...Very disappointed by the fact that they lack support for 21:9, triple screens setup ( can barely hit 60 fps in 4k on a single monitor with a 1070 in fh3 so yeah, imagine 3 ), multi-controller setup ( Yeah, have the last 2 mentionned before and still wondering if i'm buying a good 21:9 vs 4k big screens ) and the physics that are not mediocre but very debatable ( not talking about the crappy ffb ). But i still think these games have their places and offer something that no other games can, And when i bought fh 3, i said to myself i'm gonna definetly enjoy it with a controller cuz after playing some great sims as Iracing, assetto corsa and automobilista ( in that order but it's a personnal choice ), i'm aware that a game with so much emphasize on graphics and environments and so on i felt stupid that i could expect a pure ffb and nailed physics and this game would be quite boring ( exagerating ) with realist ffb and irl physics, when you think of it no games can nail all the aspects of racing and they are just focusing on what they believe in. I just think people are now becoming too greedy and expecting always more ( and totally agree ). I love my personal 3 major sims but do they have beautiful 4k cars, rain, upcoming snow, open world environments, big jumps , big roster list ( with so many variety ) and so many other great things. All those things that people expect ( including me ) is an understandle thing but shouldn't be a must for that kind of title. PS: Even if they introduce multi-controller support, if they lack good ffb it serves nothing. Cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%