1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 Ramteam Racing League' started by Jas Verstoppen, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen
    Ramteam Racing Premium Member

Hey fellow Racing-Fanatics!

I thought it would be nice to make a Thread where we can introduce ourselves.
    What hobbies you have, what line of work you're in. What passions you have. Tell us which controller you're racing with (Wheel/Gamepad) and your pc-specs.

Shout out boys!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

My normal line of duty is being an Operational Teamleader but lately my hobby became my line of work. I'm also a Ski-Instructor in Austria.

My other passion is Formula One. I read all about it every day and love to read some in-depth articles for an ever growing better understanding of F1. Also analyzing a race while watching is a great thing to do. I dare to say I know a lot more to the ever more failing Olav Knol! But yeah, that isn't to hard! ;)

I race with a Thrustmaster F430 FFB on an i5-6600K, 16GB DDR4 and my precious GTX 1070 in my living room on my, also precious, Sony Bravia!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm Nakamuza, you can also call me Naka:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

Huh? I always call you Ginger..

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Hey everyone,

I am @Wouter van der Giessen , better known as Shaki123. I have raced here on RD for a long time and have a lot of great memories here. There were also some rivalries here and there, right @Henri Sinik :cool: I use a gamepad (yes, come at me) and no assists. My PC is extremely old and still runs 5gb DDR2 :roflmao:..

I am very happy to be racing again with you lot. Cannot wait to start the new season!

• Love Love x 1
  6. Hi

I'm Mateusz and my nickname is mattreX. I'm racing on RaceDepartment since F1 2011, but stopped after F1 2013 because another games were crap :) I switched to Assetto Corsa but since Codies didn't screw up this time I'm happy to be back playing F1 games. Hope to see you all on track guys!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Canada 2014 :unsure:

• Haha Haha x 3
  8. Hi

i'm Jeff, aka Avallac'h. Im quite new to racing and racedepartement. My interest in racing started since 2014 f1 season and f1 2016 is my first proper racing game. I use a gamepad for racing. Up till now i have a great time racing and hope to continue to keep this up with you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey guys,
    I'm Ed, with the IGN EJ, I used to race on the 360 a few years ago, but now having made the switch to PC, my interest in F1 has increased. I use a gamepad for racing, with an AMD FX-4350, 8GB Ram and an GTX 750Ti - not the best but it'll do lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey!
    I'm Aleix, Raptorne on steam :thumbsup: I'm currently studying for superior automotive technician to later specialize on racing engineering.
    F1 has been my passion since I was 4 and I've (almost) never missed a race. And also I've always wanted to be part of it, as driver, as mechanic, as engineer... Anything. And I have the chance! I only need to work hard.
    I'm also a biker on my free time. I love riding on the mountains of Barcelona with my 29" bike.
    I'm using my Driving Force GT for playing. I've been using it since I started on simracing on PS3. GT5 was were all started... But now I mostly race on Assetto Corsa and now F1 2016.
    My PC setup is: AMD FX-6300 (OC to 4.5GHZ), 8GB Ram DDR3, 1TB HDD and my little diamond... My Nvidia GTX 960:redface:
    See you on the track;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey there,
    it's me DPool or Dominik if u want. I started racing on the computer with Project Cars and get addicted to it :3 If there are any thought u want to share, just feel free to add and tell them to meeeeeeee.
    Yours sincerly
    DPool :3

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

@Dominik Welge

What if I don't have anything to tell you? What then? I think we have a big dilemma mate..

13. i am just a laid back guy in it for the fun. and I think I am one of the oldest on the track - 63 years old so have some respect :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Hi, im Frank 48 years old, i have had many job's.
    Building greenhouses in Germany France Belgium, i was a windowcleaner for 16 years a carpenter for 2 years and i do impersionations of my 15 splitt personalities.

Usualy im pretty relaxed, but i can be a pain in the butt because i say what i think at the moment i think.
    I like anyone else have some isseu's and some buttons.

[​IMG]

This was in 2009 on the Nationale Nederlanden building Rotterdam washed in 4 weeks inside out 2 man job.

[​IMG]

• Wow Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. [RMT] Bananaman

[RMT] Bananaman

Hi,

I'm Jamie, from England. I'm 32 and work in IT. As Jas knows, it's a "full-time job and two kids" which sees me playing less than I would like.

I've loved watching F1 for many years, although not as avidly as some. Jenson will always be "my boy". I also own a Jenson Button signed piece of Suspension from one of the Beautiful Championship winning Brawn Cars of 2009.

I race on an i7, 16GB RAM, Evo SSD, GTX970 and Logitech G27 (badly) ;)

Cheers for letting me join in the fun.

J

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Hello,

I'm 27 years old and I work Mechanic and also work on the family farm. I've loved Formula one since I was 3 years old. When I started watching F1 I didn't support anyone until Damon Hill started racing.
    My current PC specs are an i7-6700, GTX 970 and I race with a T300RS.

• Like Like x 2