1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 Ramteam Racing League' started by Jas Verstoppen, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen
    Ramteam Racing Premium Member

Hey fellow Racing-Fanatics!

I thought it would be nice to make a Thread where we can introduce ourselves.
    What hobbies you have, what line of work you're in. What passions you have. Tell us which controller you're racing with (Wheel/Gamepad) and your pc-specs.

Shout out boys!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

My normal line of duty is being an Operational Teamleader but lately my hobby became my line of work. I'm also a Ski-Instructor in Austria.

My other passion is Formula One. I read all about it every day and love to read some in-depth articles for an ever growing better understanding of F1. Also analyzing a race while watching is a great thing to do. I dare to say I know a lot more to the ever more failing Olav Knol! But yeah, that isn't to hard! ;)

I race with a Thrustmaster F430 FFB on an i5-6600K, 16GB DDR4 and my precious GTX 1070 in my living room on my, also precious, Sony Bravia!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm Nakamuza, you can also call me Naka:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

Huh? I always call you Ginger..

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Hey everyone,

I am @Wouter van der Giessen , better known as Shaki123. I have raced here on RD for a long time and have a lot of great memories here. There were also some rivalries here and there, right @Henri Sinik :cool: I use a gamepad (yes, come at me) and no assists. My PC is extremely old and still runs 5gb DDR2 :roflmao:..

I am very happy to be racing again with you lot. Cannot wait to start the new season!

• Love Love x 1
  6. Hi

I'm Mateusz and my nickname is mattreX. I'm racing on RaceDepartment since F1 2011, but stopped after F1 2013 because another games were crap :) I switched to Assetto Corsa but since Codies didn't screw up this time I'm happy to be back playing F1 games. Hope to see you all on track guys!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Canada 2014 :unsure:

• Haha Haha x 3
  8. Hi

i'm Jeff, aka Avallac'h. Im quite new to racing and racedepartement. My interest in racing started since 2014 f1 season and f1 2016 is my first proper racing game. I use a gamepad for racing. Up till now i have a great time racing and hope to continue to keep this up with you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hey guys,
    I'm Ed, with the IGN EJ, I used to race on the 360 a few years ago, but now having made the switch to PC, my interest in F1 has increased. I use a gamepad for racing, with an AMD FX-4350, 8GB Ram and an GTX 750Ti - not the best but it'll do lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey!
    I'm Aleix, Raptorne on steam :thumbsup: I'm currently studying for superior automotive technician to later specialize on racing engineering.
    F1 has been my passion since I was 4 and I've (almost) never missed a race. And also I've always wanted to be part of it, as driver, as mechanic, as engineer... Anything. And I have the chance! I only need to work hard.
    I'm also a biker on my free time. I love riding on the mountains of Barcelona with my 29" bike.
    I'm using my Driving Force GT for playing. I've been using it since I started on simracing on PS3. GT5 was were all started... But now I mostly race on Assetto Corsa and now F1 2016.
    My PC setup is: AMD FX-6300 (OC to 4.5GHZ), 8GB Ram DDR3, 1TB HDD and my little diamond... My Nvidia GTX 960:redface:
    See you on the track;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey there,
    it's me DPool or Dominik if u want. I started racing on the computer with Project Cars and get addicted to it :3 If there are any thought u want to share, just feel free to add and tell them to meeeeeeee.
    Yours sincerly
    DPool :3

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

@Dominik Welge

What if I don't have anything to tell you? What then? I think we have a big dilemma mate..

13. i am just a laid back guy in it for the fun. and I think I am one of the oldest on the track - 63 years old so have some respect :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Hi, im Frank 48 years old, i have had many job's.
    Building greenhouses in Germany France Belgium, i was a windowcleaner for 16 years a carpenter for 2 years and i do impersionations of my 15 splitt personalities.

Usualy im pretty relaxed, but i can be a pain in the butt because i say what i think at the moment i think.
    I like anyone else have some isseu's and some buttons.

[​IMG]

This was in 2009 on the Nationale Nederlanden building Rotterdam washed in 4 weeks inside out 2 man job.

[​IMG]

• Wow Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. [RMT] Bananaman

[RMT] Bananaman

Hi,

I'm Jamie, from England. I'm 32 and work in IT. As Jas knows, it's a "full-time job and two kids" which sees me playing less than I would like.

I've loved watching F1 for many years, although not as avidly as some. Jenson will always be "my boy". I also own a Jenson Button signed piece of Suspension from one of the Beautiful Championship winning Brawn Cars of 2009.

I race on an i7, 16GB RAM, Evo SSD, GTX970 and Logitech G27 (badly) ;)

Cheers for letting me join in the fun.

J

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Hello,

I'm 27 years old and I work Mechanic and also work on the family farm. I've loved Formula one since I was 3 years old. When I started watching F1 I didn't support anyone until Damon Hill started racing.
    My current PC specs are an i7-6700, GTX 970 and I race with a T300RS.

• Like Like x 2