Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Q: Can I access the open beta of Simracing.GP?
A: Yes, see here how to join: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-club-races-are-back.189354/

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hello folks!

My name is Ivan, and i am 32 years of age.
I am living in Norway and i have two kids on 5 and 1,5.

I hope that i can have som real races when joining here.
I am sick and tired of these public servers where most of the people is just ramming and crashing into other cars

I have to say that i'm not that very good in driving, but i hope to learn

I am looking forward to race with you other gentlemens.

Best Regard
Ivan.

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for signing up. Here you are on the right adress for fair driving. We have:

- tournaments
- racing club

for both you need top make application. please view:
http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/index.php?c=13

Just hang around, read some, post some and get familiar with it. Thanks and have fun

• KLMALLENDER

Thank You for accepting Me

NEO, Thank You for showing me the way down the Rabbit Hole!
Is it the Red Pill or the Blue Pill I need to take for these GooseBumps, Jeez, I`m feeling
Like a Little Kid Again. I Look forward to meeting My Fellow Simm Gearheads and learn
How to Compete.

HI KLMALLENDER, nice to see you around. Ehm, accpeting for what....? :) IF you would like to apply for certain options to race together with us, please choose from the links i posted you over RSC, and make your application there (Racing Club, tournament, etc)

To have access to our passworded servers we will need to know you a little bit before we let you in, please understand that, we are very keen in keeping and selecting the people for our closed sessions. Best way for that is to race with us either in the open servers, or in our tournament, and to be active in our forum.

Cheers, and c u around: Neo

• Gorkal

Gorka

hi everibody, my name is Gorka and i am from spain.
I have 15 years old and I really like this game but i am new in this page.

Can any say me the way to join tournament?

thanks

Hello Gorkal,

Big welcome to here.
Please take some time to get familiair with this forum and you will find it for sure :)

Inside the RACE tournament you'll find instruction how to sign up for it!

Good luck

• Hackett

Hello!

Hello RPM,

My name is Brad. I am from Scotland, 35 years of age and have a general passion for motor racing. (Why we are all here, after all. )

Anyway! I do not have a great deal of time to play games and being blind in one eye is not a great help. So my level of skill is not fantastic, and limits my participation in tournament gaming.
I looked up community sites before purchasing RACE, for a more mature community, than was found on my other permanent racing home. (TOCA Race driver 3 ) Which is where I found and signed up for RPM. Great show guys!

I am still getting to grips with RACE, and subsequently am still making silly mistakes, both offline, and online driving. (much to the annoyance to other virtual drivers i might imagine - Sorry fellers...)

Well it's nice to be here, and you can usually find me bringing up the rear in servers.

Brad.

Hi Brad,

Nice to see you here and thank you for your nice introduction.

If you want to join us in the tournament or (passworded) racing club servers: just apply for it.

Don't hesitate to apply for that because of your lack of experience / speed: not all of us are as quick as the speed of light and we all make mistakes (the most important is that we don't make them on purpose, like you can see sometimes on the public servers).

Greetings and see you on the track!

Racemaus

Brad,
Welcome to this great bunch of people at RPM. Like you, I have recently joined and was very inexperienced. However they have helped me greatly to feel comfortable on-line as well as teaching me how to reduce my lap times. You will only find clean, friendly and courteous drivers on the Racing Club servers, so I hope to catch up with you online soon.
Warren

Hello Hackett,

Thanks for joining our little forum :) We hope you enjoy your stay here. Everything is said already. You learn the best in save racing environment and i ll hope to see you there soon.

Enjoy your stay

• Hackett

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I have already come across some of you online, but never saying much, (Too busy concentrating on staying competitive and not to make too many mistakes which result in contact.) and usually coming in last or near last garuantees my almost ignominious existence online.

I do strive to improve my skill, and fun racing despite the uphill struggle i face.
It is refreshing to meet guys who are not deadbeats. (RPM)

As for applying for tournament/racing club. I seem to be consistently 6-10 seconds behind the good drivers lap times, and anything from 5-30 seconds behind in actual races. (Does not help I drive the Toledo most of the time..) That is way too slow to enter competition. But thank you all the same.
A little more track time before i think about such things.

Keep up the excellent job on the forum and tournaments. Also looking forward to RACE '07.

Brad.

• Hackett

JimbobQ said:
use leon then :p

lol! Too many Leon drivers out there already. Feels like single class racing rather than multiple class racing.
The amount of Leon's racing online, might as-well call WTCC, STCC (Seat Touring Car Championship)

The Toledo agrees with my style of driving, and I have raced with guys who consistently come top 5 on most tracks, only being defeated by the odd Alfa or BMW, driving the Toledo.

But I get you. I need to switch to a better "noob" friendly car, until i improve.

Brad.

The Toledo is "noob"-friendly, I think. The problem is, that it's slow.
León is faster, and the handling is similar. I'd try the León. But when you don't want to be another one in the blue-yellow crowd, you should try the Honda, Neo is right.
The Peugeot isn't any faster than the Toledo, at least I am slower in it...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%