1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Interview with Jock Clear, soon to be Ferrari senior performance engineer

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Seb Scott, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Seb Scott

Seb Scott
    Formula 1 Reporter

98073036-3444162822014.jpg
    On Wednesday the 25th of March I was at Silverstone on one of their open test days, with a private team entering the Britcar 24 hours, when a bald headed man in a 2015 Mercedes GP jacket walked past our garage. I though to myself "Hang on, that's Jock Clear isn't it? Shouldn't he be in Italy at Ferrari and not wearing a Merc jacket?" Seizing the moment on my lunch break I asked him for a quick word for you all to enjoy here exclusively on RaceDepartment.

For those of you who don't know who Jock Clear is he's a former race engineer for teams such as Williams, Leyton House, Lotus (original team), BAR, Brawn, Mercedes and currently according to reports off to Ferrari to become their senior performance engineer. He's been the calming voice to many drivers over team radio including, Michael Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, Takuma Sato, David Coulthard and Nico Rosberg. Most recently Clear was Lewis Hamilton's race engineer helping him steer his way towards his 2nd world championship in 2014.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Amazing stuff Seb!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

Well, it would seem Ferrari is catching Mercedes-AMG even more quickly than Jock Clear anticipated. Good racing lies ahead this year;)

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Not that he would be too sorry about that? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Excellent job - v impressive.