rF2 International Formula 3 @ RedBull Ring - Mon 1st Dec

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmmm seems that not many people like this mod, I only had about 15 laps or so the other day with the default setup but it felt ok to me, but three sign ups is a bit of a disaster, still come on guys we can have some fun.
I'm not a fan of this mod but would some for a laugh except my wife is taking me to the movies.
I told her Monday was free this week!

I read your review David, think you are being a tad harsh mate but we are all entitled to our opinions, MAK have made some great mods in the past so hopefully they can address any issues and update the mod.

Worse feeling than expected for me, but it's my fault: I change the ride height just before the race and the brake balance was never good (rear locking then front locking...).
I made a pretty good launch a the first try...and I collide just after !! :poop:
Then I locked the rear brake at T2, let Fabio passe me but then the hunt wasn't possible for me...

Thanks to Simons setup about 2 or 3 laps into the race I sussed out how to corecctly drive this mod and thanks to a bit of lag I found myself in the lead doing 1.30's and 1.31's 2 or 3 seconds quicker than I had gone before, I held Fabio off for many laps and it was a great battle but eventually he passed and I finished 2nd, I think this is a fantastic mod that has hidden depths and takes a bit of getting to know, it is a different style of driving for me anyway but once you get the hang of it it feels great, I have read a couple of poor reviews and some very good ones but I think it just needs a little perseverance to get the best out of this mod, MAK corp were formerly MMG who have written some excellent mods used by leagues including here at RD when we raced with MMG F1 2007 mod in the now defunct RDFOC league and I think this is up there if you really get to know the mod, sorry for the novel :D

IMO: Nothing wrong with the physics of the car.
- Low power
- High downforce
- lots of grip
- and good fun... :p

Did some research:
This model has a manual SQ gearbox: meaning you'll need to clutch and shift up and heel and toe on downshifting. The rear tires could lock up very easy during a downshift. So downshift as late as possible and release clutch very gentle or blip the throttle a bit.

I used auto-clutch so a little blip with the throttle or downshift as late as possible did the trick to stabilize the car under braking. ;)

@David O'Reilly : I think your expectations of the car were a bit wrong on previous experiences (F3-mods)
It's a funny little single seater with low power and lots of grip. I think you should give it another try mate. ;)

I think this little car has a lot of potential for some fun close racing. Driving and cruising the car isn't hard. But finding the tenth of a second on the limit is the challenge. And like every car finding a suitable setup. :p Thanx @Simon Christmann :thumbsup:

I'll give another try to that mod, certainly ! That car remains me the ISI Formula 2 about the driving style required to perform.Maybe I was too agressive on the race, especially on the brakes !
Congrats to the dev who make that mod: the car is beautiful, the steering wheel looks good, the engine sound too !

The cars are good. Only the break issue and for me some strange ffb when driving over a patch boundary on a not so well done track (Mesh needs some rework to make the transition from patch to patch more smooth).

If you all liked the setup i will post it later. But it is nothing special and i dont think that its the fastest but maybe a nice base for some improvements ;)

Really enjoyed the racing yesterday, it's a great mod and lots of fun. I had a great battle with Martin for a couple of laps. Overtaking at RB-Ring is difficult, I managed it with a late brake manouver in T3.

I needed to adjust the FFB multiplayer to 0.75 to prevent clipping. After that change it felt great.

Hope to see some more F3-action in the future here at RD.

See you on track!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years