Interlagos the "Worst Circuit" in F1

There seems to be quite the discussion going on about the F1 of old as opposed to how it's set up now. Listen, I'm too young to have known exactly how it was back then, but the money being churned out of the sport now has enhanced safety ten fold. That is the most important thing. Some have said they don't like the direction F1 is going in, and I've heard this quite a few times out of my older racing buddies. Well, I honestly couldn't watch F1 of yester year. To put it simply, too much death in the sport. The whole thing had an eerie feel to it in my eyes. Yes, motorsport is dangerious, but at least now there is more money and technology into keeping the drivers safe, so we don't see the best drivers being killed in their prime. And, yes, the sport itself may come off as a bit 'sterile', as you guys put it, but it is still very much entertaining. You guys seem to be a bit infatuated with the 'maverick' drivers of old, and that has been forced off today's drivers--well, maybe Mark Webber has a bit of that in him--but I wouldn't knock the drivers for it. These guys are all world class talents, there is no disputing that.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

"I'm more interested in watching NASCAR than F1 these days."--Kevin Watts. Come on, Kevin, let's not be ridiculous. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%