Interlagos likely to change..

According to Autosport magazine there will be a new start/finish line and a new pit area.

Start finish straight will be between T3 and T4.
This year however will be as normal.

Should look similar to this i think or the pit exit will be on the main straight as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo..................................

I like how the track is now,
look's like the infield section (some corners) will be much tighter, which goes against the flow of the track.
Who said they were making changes to the layout? As far as I'm aware, they're just moving the pits (which is a good call in my opinion).

If what you're saying is because of the track map Hampus posted, don't worry... that particular style of map (which gets posted all over the internet) often gets small details of tracks wrong. I am almost certainly sure that the layout of Interlagos will not change.

I think they will re-design T3 as well due to fatalities in that corner.
... in "NORMAL" car racing series. How many crashes (even small ones) have you seen there so far in F1? I don't remember any.
It's already been said that they would set up a chicane somewhere before the main straight (between turns 13 and 14 I guess?) but it wouldn't be used in F1 races.

Well it would make sense to move the pits to the straight after the Senna S, as that is the longest straight (but not the fastest). Have they said the pit lane will be on the left side or the right side? If they have it on the right I think we'll end up with an awkward pit exit like Korea.

I say bring back the 79 version...easily the best version :)

I'll be a little disappointed if they decide to move the s/f. The s/f right now makes it really great for the starts. Now the starts will be more boring I think. But in the interest of safety with regards to the pit entrance...it's a good choice.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%