rF2 Interested in a GT Club and League Program?

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
when does the voting end that we know whats gonna happen
I was going to give it 2 weeks total from date of OP and see what we have got.
The call on a test race and see again what we have got;)

@Paul Jeffrey
Tracks
We will most probably use the latest FSR versions for Suzuka, Spa, Silverstone and ISI Interlagos.
The FSR Silverstone is physically the same as ISI just some signage and DRS stuff that won't affect us.

Hello, I bought RF2 yesterday and begining to discover how it works.
(to be honest I'm totally lost with these Rfcmp folders)
Anyway, after several laps in Spa with Apex yesterday evening mod I just downloaded BES in F1C I'll test it this evening.
I'm not premium member yet but considering to enter, and I'm fully interested by such GT race during week....from September.

Hello, I bought RF2 yesterday and begining to discover how it works.
(to be honest I'm totally lost with these Rfcmp folders)
Anyway, after several laps in Spa with Apex yesterday evening mod I just downloaded BES in F1C I'll test it this evening.
I'm not premium member yet but considering to enter, and I'm fully interested by such GT race during week....from September.
Glad to hear it and welcome.
You will discover it and enjoy is bit by bit.
There is a lot of knowledge here at RD. So use the search function on topics of interest.
There is a set up for the BES 911 (care its for version 1.6 and wont be nice in V 1.0) in the OP.
There is however a V 1.0 set in my folder here in RF2 setups.

One tip. Rfcmp folders get put straight into the packages folder. if its an rar or zip file you need to unzip first.

We did run an RF2 Bootcamp a few months back for new drivers (car set up and driving).
If there are say 4-6 premium members who are keen we can run it again and perhaps include some game settings such as Graphics, controller settings.

Also @Gijs van Elderen did have a nice link to a comprehensive set of RF2 tips and resources. Not sure if he still has that one.

This potential League:
Once we have assessed the support for this program the next step will be to run a couple of practice races so all drivers get to know each other and possibly drive the various cars prior to voting on them. (eg Apex vs BES etc).
That is the crunch moment. If we can get 12-15 drivers to arrive and race we have a potential league.
If its 4-6 drivers then its just hot air.

Thank you David for your detailed answer.
2 months ago I spent 2 days to tweak with ffb settings on Project Cars. I spent similar amount of time on RRE ffb settings few months earlier (then I concentrated on GSCE). So, I was very surprised to discover how it's simple in RF2.
Concerning video settings, my PC allows to use almost max setting ;). So, it's ok.
I could test Apex and BES quickly and at this moment my preferrence goes to BES.
So far I concentrated to Audi R8 Ultra because it's most recent one.... and also recent skins.
Of course, It would be great to have several 2015 skins.

It would be great to have several 2015 skins.
That would be great indeed but, you can also create your own. :)
If you know how to work with photoshop: just follow this tutorial to make them show up ingame. click here
Just use it in-game and the server will transfer your skin to all other drivers.

to be honest I'm totally lost with these Rfcmp folders

About downloading and installing tracks/cars etc... Don't worry about that. Just login to the Racedepartment server. The cars and tracks will download and install for you.

If you want other content: look into to the remote content in the launcher. Select it and click on download install.

The old mod-manager is still the best tool to manage your content manually.
It's in your: rFactor2/Bin32 folder make a shortcut to your desktop from the ModMgr.exe.

It looks like this: And it's a bit of getting used to.
attachment.php

Filter options: Mods and Components
- Mods are Vmods or server mods: It's a little file to setup a server and it contains the rules and content used by the server. ==> Uninstall them all after a few online races!! Keep it clean...
- Components: are cars and tracks... All your packages (.rfcmp files) should be in your packages folder. Funny thing is Components are the 3rd party "mods" like APEX mod or BES mod.

Component filter options: Loc, Veh, Snd, Mlt, etc... = Package type.
- Loc: Locations, tracks
- Veh: cars
- Snd: Sounds (Most after 2014 packages: the sounds are included in the Veh)
- Mlt: Is a multipackage containing a Veh and Snd package. (Is not used anymore)

Have fun with it. :)

At this stage we have 20 "definitely interested" and 12 "keep me informed.

A) The next stage would I guess be to run an "official practice race" or two within the club calendar say 45 mins.

The goals would be to:

1. Check numbers
  2. Get to know and test the cars. (Maybe we run BES one week, and Apex the next. Or maybe we set up a server that can run both and drvers can swap cars in a practice session and get a feel for them all.) I would also like to ask @Frederic Schornstein if he feels it would be suitable and wether he would like to make the BOP model of the ISI GT cars available too?
  3. Get to know each other and have some fun.
No one was able to make Spa and its a great track to get to know a new car.
I also think it would be really nice and helpful if drivers post some setups for the cars as they get some done.

B) If we can get through that stage and out the other side we can discuss the cars.
C) Then we can discuss a calendar and tracks some more
D) Then we can approach the RD broadcast team and see if they are able to support this plan with a broadcast as without it a league is not permitted at RD.

@Daiman Patel does the foregoing make sense to you? Anything we should add?

Hi @David O'Reilly & all the other guys,

I've had to change my vote from Yes to 'Keep me informed'. Recently taken on some additional duties with the R3E club and I cant commit the time I really need to for this club & league.
Sorry to back out at this stage, but it sounds like a brilliant idea and I really wish you all the very best with it, i'm sure it will be a huge success :)
I'll be keeping my eye out on this thing and hopefully when I get more settled in over at the R3E forums I'll able to commit some proper time to this and come back,
Cheers guys and good luck & enjoy your racing,

Paul

Hopefully one day RD will organize a ADAC GT Masters type league where races would be 60-90 minutes long with one mandatory driver swap and minimum driving time for each driver.

Hopefully one day RD will organize a ADAC GT Masters type league where races would be 60-90 minutes long with one mandatory driver swap and minimum driving time for each driver.

Well thats sort of included here really....
The 1000 km race will be appr 5-6 hrs and driver changes will be a neccesity. Its only every 6 weeks or so as its a big time commmittment and you have to remember that to run 15 cars you need 30 drivers.
The standard league race will be 90 mins. That way if we get say 15 drivers we will have a nice grid.

Personally I think that we need 20 signups to have a viable league as there is always a minimum of 25%
dropout.
Overview
The plan is to run a shorter (45 mins) "friendly" race during the week. Then a longer 90 min League Race on the weekend.
Probably on a 2 week cycle.
Every 6 or so weeks we will run a 1000 km Endurance race.
The calendar will avoid FSR and Presto race committments.

Last edited:
At this stage we have 20 "definitely interested" and 12 "keep me informed.

A) The next stage would I guess be to run an "official practice race" or two within the club calendar say 45 mins.

The goals would be to:

1. Check numbers
  2. Get to know and test the cars. (Maybe we run BES one week, and Apex the next. Or maybe we set up a server that can run both and drvers can swap cars in a practice session and get a feel for them all.) I would also like to ask @Frederic Schornstein if he feels it would be suitable and wether he would like to make the BOP model of the ISI GT cars available too?
  3. Get to know each other and have some fun.
No one was able to make Spa and its a great track to get to know a new car.
I also think it would be really nice and helpful if drivers post some setups for the cars as they get some done.

B) If we can get through that stage and out the other side we can discuss the cars.
C) Then we can discuss a calendar and tracks some more
D) Then we can approach the RD broadcast team and see if they are able to support this plan with a broadcast as without it a league is not permitted at RD.

@Daiman Patel does the foregoing make sense to you? Anything we should add?
It all makes perfect sense, and I shall get on to creating appropriate events to put the plan into action as of this week. :thumbsup: Keep your eyes peeled.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%