Instant Replay Length Time Question

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't find anything.
How can I make my game record more than 180 seconds of gameplay?

I noticed in the PLR files that there is a line that says:
Instant Replay Length="180"

I tried setting the number higher, but it did not have any effect. What I would like to do is make it so the game records up to 60 minutes of continuous gameplay, and also make it so the game never stores more than 120 minutes of replays in the "ReplayFridge". Obviously I do not want my pc to run out of drive space, lol.

It would be nice, on some occasions, after driving a long race, to then be able to watch a replay of the entire race from start to finish. It seems kind of lame that it only records the last 3 minutes of gameplay. Sometimes something very exciting happens in the middle of the race, like one time during the second lap of a race a car that was several positions ahead of me had an accident and flipped into the air and I drove right under him before he crashed down onto the track just behind me - almost landing on top of me, but I never got a replay of it. It would have made an awesome youtube movie.

The game makes a seperate replay file of each event (if turned on in settings). The setting for the replay length, is for the realtime replay, once you are in the game. It has nothing to do with the stored end replay.

Go to your replay centre, in the main menu of the game. You previous run events should be listed there, including the hotlaps per event.

Ow, and in terms of diskspace. The games does not store a "movie", it stores data. So, the filesize of the replays is not that big. That is if you are doing normal events offcourse :). As GSC has no driver swaps, I do not expect you to run longer then 2 / 3 hours, and that is very limited in diskspace.

Thanks. Very helpful info. I also found out that after I finish a race - that I can press hold the rewind key and the shift key (super fast rewind), that I can rewind the instant replay all the way back to the very beginning of the race.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%