Installing Real Head Motion app question

I'd like to install the Real Head Motion app. There's something I'm not clear about and need advice.

On the app's page on assettocorsa.net it says, simply:

Installation

Real Head motion is now compiled with Visual Studio 2015, you may need to install the according C++ Redistributable, you can download them here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Install only if you get DLL errors when running the program.

Open program and click [Register DLLs]. .

Is that it? Where do I put the program's folder? Does FreePIE also have to be installed (looking closely, it seems you may no longer have to install FreePIE, but I'm not sure).

And if anyone has tips on what settings to use, I'd be happy to know.

Download, extract, run, register DLLs. That's it! ;)
I have it in a folder on the Desktop for easy access. The only thing you have to remember is to start it with AC (you can create a small batch for that), otherwise head motion will be fixed.

Download, extract, run, register DLLs. That's it! ;)
I have it in a folder on the Desktop for easy access. The only thing you have to remember is to start it with AC (you can create a small batch for that), otherwise head motion will be fixed.
Thanks a lot for your reply!
So it doesn't matter where the folder is? And I have to remember to start it before starting up Assetto Corsa (like with Crew Chief)?
In AC's options/settings, do I have to apply the app, perhaps?

Thanks a lot for your reply!
So it doesn't matter where the folder is? And I have to remember to start it before starting up Assetto Corsa (like with Crew Chief)?
In AC's options/settings, do I have to apply the app, perhaps?
Nope, nothing. Once it registers the DLLs, it will act as a TrackIR being constantly on.

It will even work if you start it after AC, in case you forget it prior. It just has to run to emulate head motion.

I'm not sure if I've got this working properly or not. The reason being that at first it didn't seem to work at all, then I checked "lock onboard camera to horizon" (which I had never tried before) now it seems to work but I'm not sure if RHM is really working or if the difference is cos I checked "lock onboard camera to horizon".

See what I mean?

When I compare to videos on YouTube showing RHM in action, what I have since checking "lock to horizon" is very similar except i do not have the thing where I'm looking out the side window when drifting.

I have a triple screen setup though.

I believe it's instructions requires you to 'untick' Lock to Horizon. What settings do you have? Running AC, click on 'debug', it should show messages if its connected. Then when you drive, and not sure if it's working, try extreme settings, for sure you'll see the effect.

I believe it's instructions requires you to 'untick' Lock to Horizon. What settings do you have? Running AC, click on 'debug', it should show messages if its connected. Then when you drive, and not sure if it's working, try extreme settings, for sure you'll see the effect.
I've tried various settings. I'm pretty sure it's not working for me. The debug window shows messages indicating it's working ok though. I'm thinking that the reason it isn't working may be because I took the programme / .exe out of the folder with the .dll files. I'll see when I get home.
RHM is actually quite similar to "Lock onboard camera to horizon", no?

Yes, RHM at 100% is the same like "lock to horizon". I like around 90% to let me focus on the track but to give at least some rest of sense for bumps.
To make it work I guess you should disable "lock to horizon".

Here is a Link where RHM was also a topic + a little demo video by me.
It should be really easy but maybe the DLLs must be in the same folder like the EXE (at least for the first time registering!).
Anyway maybe that's some good read for you, maybe not :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ng-gp-fri-30-06-17.137417/page-6#post-2515875

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 102 13.8%