Installing Patches 1.01 and 1.02?

Hello to all. Little help again please.:unsure: I DL and unpacked the above title updates. As most know I am not good with this pc stuff....to say the least. When I opened them there were several files. The Q is, where do I put them?

Is it as simple as all files get placed in the RBR main file?...Can I just open RBR and copy and paste each one of the files as they are, or do they go into RBR subfolders? I did not look at it much, but remember seeing a file called colors. Can I place that in the Main RBR file with all the others?

I have installed tons of tracks in rFactor under "Locations", but I did not see anything where colors would go.
Is it just simple as placing all the files in the RBR file? Thanks again.

Note...when I installed RBR there was a main page with a tab named updates. I just clicked it and let it load, so simple. I am almost sure it was called V 1.01 but could be wrong.

Where did you download these Patches?

Did you get them from our Forum post here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rsrbr2012-installing-and-using-guidelines.12743/

If so, when you unzip them, you should get a file named Richard Burns Rally 1.01 Patch.exe, and Richard Burns Rally 1.02 Patch.exe. There will also be a Readme file.
Just double click those exe files, run them, and they will Patch your RBR for you.

It sounds like you may have already Patched to 1.01, but you can run the 1.01 Patch again, it wont harm anything. You will definitely need Patch 1.02 because it brings support for many Controllers especialy newer Steering Wheels.

Yes, they are those files from your tutorial. Cant figure it out. How do you unzip them?After rt clicking on a zipped file I get these options, none of which had those files RBR1.01 exe. and the RBR 1.02 listed. OPTIONS are..."Open"...."extract all".....extract files"...."extract here"....."extract to RBR-ENB settings RBR\" and "open with" then choice of winrar or win explorer. The first one, "extract all" brings up "unzip files to" and it gives me the path thing with a long path highlighted in blue. and the "Browse button"

Some of the other options bring up a window "this file already exists" do you want to relace with this file" so confused

If you have any file extraction software such as win RAR, 7z, or win Zip just double click the zipped file and extract it to whereever you can find it.

Alternatively, right click on it, select Extract to RBR_v101 and it will create a folder named RBR_v101 in the same location as the zipped file, and the exe file will then be inside that folder.
Same for 1.02.

Choosing Extract here should also do the same thing except the exe file should appear in the same place as your zipped file.

If you have any file extraction software such as win RAR, 7z, or win Zip just double click the zipped file and extract it to whereever you can find it.

Alternatively, right click on it, select Extract to RBR_v101 and it will create a folder named RBR_v101 in the same location as the zipped file, and the exe file will then be inside that folder.
Same for 1.02.

Choosing Extract here should also do the same thing except the exe file should appear in the same place as your zipped file.
Both links Dl the zip file but when trying to extract, with winrar error message says damaged. Try them. I'm done with it mate. Thank you so much for all your time. I have extracted 128 tracks and many cars for rfactor and netkar. Dont think it is my program. Could be winrar just expired the trial, cause it was warning me.. I have no idea. Please try them to see.

That did it! :) I used the "originals" you provided. I was going to google and saw your email alert.
I don't get it. I just unzipped and extracted three tracks for rfactor this morning (winrar) I hope this improves my wheel performance, not quite right.Patch 1.02 is for that right?
One other thing, I did all the steps that you outlined for another fellow regarding weak FFb. I have the Elite. The FFB is fine, but the steering could be better.

During all these changes and editing with notepad. (all your "tutorials") my digidash is cut off. It was not before. It is set to full size in game. Just see the very top rpm's. I am using a 42 inch 1080HD w/ VGA cable. BTW, my graphics are much better with the editing you suggested.

It is set to fullscreen in notepad. It might not fill up the screen on TV 100%, but I'm not sure it ever did. Any ideas to get my dididash back? I am going to check it again now and see. will post in a few minutes. So glad the updates worked. Thanks so much..

Yea, something has changed, not full screen anymore. Went to contol panel, everything appears the same in Display. My PC diplay is not full screen anymore, or rfactor. Does not fill up top and bottom, horizontal yes. Any ideas? I have not changed anything in control panel display.

It was like this last night, so it was not the updates installed today. Got to get that digidash back. This pc stuff. how do you learn?:O_o:
Example..A person decides one day he would like to play racing sims. he goes to the pc store buys the game and all the equipment. How does he have any idea how to play? No instructions, not even when you buy the sim. anywhere regarding all the very heavy pc lingo. Winrar, extracting files. ini, config, on and on. No way in the world he could ever know what to do. I am convinced that 99% of pc gamers have had a lot of experience in their career using computers.
If your job never involved using computers, you just could not ever know how to set everything up. Never!This is why it is so intimidating to make a move, cause you screw up your sim, and you dont know how to get it back.:confused: There is a limit to how much you can ask......I am sure I have hit that limit. Life goes on;)

I understand the frustration. A lot comes from experience, you learn as you go. Asking for help on forums is how most of us learn.

If your monitor display doesn't fill the screen anymore, and it is the same for rFactor too, then it sounds like your In-Game screen resolution doesn't match your Monitor native resolution and your Windows resolution.
The resolution you told me you were using (1366 x 768 seems unusual to me). Is that the setting you have in Windows?
Do you know what the native resolution of your monitor (HD TV) is?
Normally I'd expect 1920 x 1080, 1768 x 992, or 1280 x 720.

I'm not experienced with using a HD TV screen with a PC, I use a normal widescreen monitor (23 inch).

Hopefully someone else can chime in here and help. Hint hint Senad or someone.

Do you know what the native resolution of your monitor (HD TV) is?
Yes....1920 X 1080 .....per manual

The resolution you told me you were using (1366 x 768 seems unusual to me). Is that the setting you have in Windows?
Yes......set in Control Panel >> Display 1366 X 768

Yes, the in-game resolution in Notepad are X=1366 Y=768....same as PC setting in Control Panel >>Display>> 1366 X 768

Double, Triple checked all these values.

Just fixed it. :) Got my digidash back, and am fullscreen. Went back to the RBR ini file and changed to 1024x768. I was checking out myTV manual specs and it showed the highest supported PC (VGA) mode was 1024x 768
Thanks Warren, you are one helluva nice guy!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%