Installing packages always?

I haven't been on rfactor 2 for a long while but I thought I'd give it a go but every time I run the game it always has to install the same 25 packages, surely there is a way of doing this just once?

1. Install rFactor 2
2. Click on rFactor 2 workshop
3. Subscribe content, start with 1 car and 1 track to test
4. Let downloads finish
5. Start rFactor2
6. Top centre of screen it should say " 2 items to install"
7. Click on it
8. Click finish install

Check all cars and tracks should be car and track present
Close rFactor 2 and Steam start again
Check download does not restart

====================================

If after restarting it starts to download the same items again.

Unsubscribe all content, there is special dropdown tab to click will show only your subscribed content.

Go into rFactor2/installed vehicles and tracks folder and delete any cars and tracks.

Resub and follow steps above, that is why I say only install 2 items so it is quick to reset if issue.

Once you get 2 items to load session you should be right.
Just subscribe few at a time and make sure you let them finish properly.

Last edited:
Bit late to reply to your post, sorry bout that but thanks for your help very much appreciated

Thanks, so you worked it out ?

Something I should have added.

Except for the official DLC everything else can be manually downloaded, archived and you can update what you like when you like.
So my setup I have 150GB of content that does not need to be in the Steam folder which can free up valuable SSD space.

Wouldn't it be nice if ANY other sim gave you the option of what you installed, yeah rF2 gets bagged for that as well. :coffee:

Thanks, so you worked it out ?

Something I should have added.

Except for the official DLC everything else can be manually downloaded, archived and you can update what you like when you like.
So my setup I have 150GB of content that does not need to be in the Steam folder which can free up valuable SSD space.

Wouldn't it be nice if ANY other sim gave you the option of what you installed, yeah rF2 gets bagged for that as well. :coffee:
Yeah it worked, I left the game for a while and last week I thought that I'd give it a go and it updated the first time but after that the game started straight away

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.