1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

installation problems

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by djgaffey, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Hi I have just uprgraded my operating system from vista to win 7 ultimate 64 bit now I have installed rfactor lite and go to run installation for v8factor version 1 and it starts then comes up with invalid data is this a problem for 64 bit and how do I get around it if there is a .rar version of it I am able to manually extract files into the right places or use modman thanks.

2. Hi DJ.

You can select anywhere for the installer to place the files. It basically just a compressed installer file.

Does rF lite work on it's own before you try installing any mods? You might find it is actually an rFactor vs Win 7 issue. I can't recall this as being an issue previously.

3. hi yeah I installed rfactor and it ran fine with nagt mod but when I go to install the v8factor mod exe file it comes up with invalid data

4. You will need to set up a Trace on the shortcut to identify what it is thinking is the invalid data.

you can find directions on Page 68 of the rFactor Manual in the support folder of your rFactor install.

5. I have installed rfactor on Windows 7 64bit as well without issue. You may have a corrupt install file for the mod. Have you tried downloading again? Another thing you could try is to right click on the installer and Choose "Run as Administrator" and that will get past any issues with writing to protected (or what Win7 thinks should be protected) areas or files. The last option is to right click on the installer files, choose Properties and then Compatability and choose WinXp service pack3 compatability.