Install vehicle mods?

I am a noob with rFactor. I need some help please.

I finally figured out how to install tracks via winrar. Now I can't seem to do car mods. I DL a toyota car pack and did what i do w/tracks. I extracted w/ winrar and it made a file folder of the same name, just like for tracks. Normally for tracks I double click the folder and it comes up in a new page. I rt click copy and follw a path to Locations. Then I paste in Locations and all works great.

But after extracting the car pack and I double click the new file folder it comes up in a new page as "Game Data" "rFm" folders and a readme and something else. If I open the gamedata and rfm folders a lot of other subfiles come up.....sound, etc.

Could someone please explain from the beginning after I extract and and get the new file folder, step by step what I need to do.

I know this will take some time and patience to type it all out in simple steps, but I will be VERY gratefull. It took me hrs and hrs and DAYS to figure out the 2 min process for the tracks.

It can not be too simple, actually it has to be. As you can tell I am not PC savvy.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your time.

sorry a was eway
Are you saying copy and paste these two files directly into the main rfactor file? yes
Ok, when I click on rfactor, then go to paste Game data ........ a box comes up and says...."there is already a Gamedata file, do you want to replace this file with the new file?"
I'm sorry but it just dont seem right. Is that what I should do? I wont bother you anymore. I just dont want to screw anything up. Thanks

np
birds_and_sign.gif

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 282 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%