F1 2012 Install F1 2012 twice on PC

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all, Just a quick one. Just wondered if there's a way to install F1 2012 twice. Then use one unmodded game to play online and the other to mod for single player? Just be easier than coping files back and forth is all.

Any help on this would be great as it would save me so much time.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help or info :)

You can install as many times as you like but the Steam will recognize the exe. only from the folder named as f12012.
Install once, make a copy of the f12012 folder, rename it as you like (f12012 mod for example), install all the mods in there and just change the name everytime you want to play.(online use the original, offline the modded).
Another great solution is to use Ryder's Mod Manager, as you can instal-uninstall mods with a click:thumbsup: .

No video but I'll make it simple...

Open your windows explorer or open my computer
In your steam/steamapps/common folder (default install is to C:\programe files) you will see another folder called F1 2012 Right click this and select COPY.
Now right click in a blank area of the explorer and select paste.
When finished you will have a new folder called Copy of F1 2012 as well as the original F1 2012
Right click the Copy folder and select rename, call it F1 2012 - MOD.
This is where you can copy all of your mods to.

Now when you want to play go to this location. If you want to play your modded game then right click the f1 2012 folder and rename it to F1 2012 - NORMAL and do the same for the F1 2012 - MOD folder except you rename that to F1 2012.
To swap back just reverse the above process.

Hope this is easy enough to follow, if not then I strongly suggest getting Ryders mod manager, its a great little tool :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back