Inside Roborace Documentary - Trailer and New Series 14th October

I don't think autonomous cars are going to lead to the ban of "normal cars". In my opinion the more likely outcome is the integration of autonomous technology to all cars - mainly the risk prevention aspect which could help save lives by taking control if the driver falls asleep or can't stay between lines for one reason or another, or by warning the driver about other cars, people and cyclists around the car.

I personally can't see the point of expressing my personal freedom when crawling 15km/h in an afternoon traffic jam when I could be taking a nap/playing games/doing work at the same time. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's useless.
I understand in a metropolis this could be useful. Where I live in the more country part it's utterly useless. So this is a local issue. Maybe the technology can be integrated in a way it's activated when entering areas which would benefit from this system in the future. But then again have you been to Bruges or Ghent? All those little small streets which only locals like me know to find your way avoiding heavy trafic. And if I want to go from A to B via my own personal preferred way, then this technology fails. Maybe I just like to drive past a local store or want to sightseeing. The problem of a machine ruling over your personal decision, sth only you can decide and sometimes it is a last second decision, is it will lead to frustration even more and in my case, get smashed to pieces. Manual control should ALWAYS be available. Like cruise control.

Save a lot of money paying over blown wages . to drivers that throw tantrums when not go's their way.
Also the amounts of buttons & Computer controls found in Modern F1 as rendered the driver to little more than part of the program.
I can not be more boring than current F1 for sure.
Maybe they can add AI based on classic drivers & their tempers .
Coming soon Robo Bernie Ecclestone, to keep meddling with Auto racing after his Human body has died.

Just save even more money and do it inside a computer.

Buy Gran Turismo 4 and let your car b-spec some races and revel in the 'safe' driving style that all teams will enforce to ensure they don't lose an expensive car.

The motives of going fast around a circuit in one direction to 'win' are completely opposed to road applications.

This is why I'd rather be driven somewhere briskly by a TrafPol rather than a racing driver. They're polar opposites of the motivation scale.

With GPS, pre-laser scanned courses and a load of engineers, all they'll do is just specify a 'perfect' line and speed, and that'll be about it.
Unless they're limiting the cars to no GPS, and only allowing real-time scanning as environmental inputs, so the car has to figure out where it is, what things around it are, etc etc.

Lets put it this way, if a Robo Race car would be incapable of avoiding an idiot running onto a track because 'it's not programmed to do that' then it's a pointless exhibit of completely missing the point of AI.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back