Inside Kerbs - Gentlemen Agreement (?)

Andreas Knöpke

Let's drive side by side!
Hey guys,

I know this may very well be a rather pointless discussion, hence the goal is not necessarily to come to a universal agreement but I just wanna raise some sort of awareness for something I've seen quite a lot recently.

I am, of course, aware that many things in AC are still in Alpha and thus unfinished. ;)

Okay, here we go :unsure:

Many tracks in AC (still) allow for a rather nonsense cutting over the inner kerbs despite actually featuring a special high kerb element as seen in the picture below (yellow rectangle). As you may know, hitting that elevated kerb directly with a tire will upset your car in a pretty realistic way.

However, if you manage to get your inside tires even beyond that kerb (to the inside of the corner), meaning you basically drive right over the kerb, then your car will most likely remain on the ground and not be upset at all. Needless to say how much this is improving lap times. :speechless:

corner_marker2ynuz8.jpg

So I thought since most of us here are looking for an experience as realistic as possible, we could perhaps think / discuss about not using such nonsense cuts in corners. :cool:

Again, I know the game is far from ready and it's just somewhat meaningless clubs races currently, but still I figured raising a certain awareness for realism may not be wrong at this time. Especially as we are seeing many drivers being new to simracing these days. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That also depends on the race direction.

... We have a few exceptions in league racing also on some tracks but those exceptions are only valid when they have been officially announced.

+1

I think we need to look at tracks on a corner-by-corner basis. We cannot simply have a blanket-coverage approach to this issue, as there are some corners that need an exception to this rule.

Personally, I've always liked that the F1 cars could run wide at Ascari, and if people do it in club or league races then it's fine by me, so long as it hasn't been specifically outlined by the regulations saying that it's not permissible.

+1

I think we need to look at tracks on a corner-by-corner basis. We cannot simply have a blanket-coverage approach to this issue, as there are some corners that need an exception to this rule.

Personally, I've always liked that the F1 cars could run wide at Ascari, and if people do it in club or league races then it's fine by me, so long as it hasn't been specifically outlined by the regulations saying that it's not permissible.

+1 I totally agree. Some corners seem to be designed to use every possible inch, whereas others need to be respected.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back