Resource icon

Misc Insane Draw Distance 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm wondering how can you edit the shadow draw distance ?
If you can add it to your mod I'll be the happiest Simdriver in the world !
Thanks again for your job !

Exactly the same way as I edited the drawing distance, patience and a lot of try and fail ;)

Actually I already know how and I increased the shadow draw distance at Yas Marina you can see it at the first corner, the shadow casted by the barrier on the left has an increased draw distance but there are two types of shadow draw distance and the fading shadows are what I still haven't figure out how to...

Last edited:
Hey, thanks a lot for this very handy mod. Among many other issues, I was getting a red-tyre buffer wall poping up way over there in front when driving down the hill before turn 11 at Austin (the one before the long straight). Thanks to your dedicated work & testing, that awfully annoying pop-up is now another thing of the past from CM, and all that, without a single fps lost!

Amazing! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hazy updated Insane Draw Distance. WIP with a new update entry:

All vanilla Tracks

N
ext update will contain some optional stuff - optional increased crowd draw distance, optional increased shadow draw distance and optional increased tree draw distance but I'll upload it in a one big pack so it will take some time.

Ok, thank you for doing it. I was just going to ask if you could improve Yas Marina's poping-up trees I have before the end of the first long straight, as shown in the three screenshots here:

#1: No tree over there, under the stands
#2: One tree just poping-up on the right, under the stands:
#3: What? Another tree coming from outer-space next to the previous one at #2 :mad:

Thanks for looking into this!! I'm watching your thread, hazy. :cool:

Last edited:
I made a post about black flickering". It turned out that this does not happen if i play in fullscreen mode. i do not know if that inforamtion helps you. But i thought i share it. Maybe you know what causes the flickering in windowed mode.
regards robin

Unfortunately not, there are some limits which I don't know how to change so some objects still pop up, Monza is a perfect example of this.

No idea, I always run games in full screen mode. You should too, at least to not have the flickering ;)

Ok, thanks for the information, so I'll have to resort at trying to make these annoying "alien" trees transparent then, since I have no idea how the tree placement coordinates map works (it's something beyond my understanding).

Keep the great improvements coming! :)

hy guys.
IVe got a question for the author of this mod or anyone that could help me..
Could this mod cause the player to be slower than the AI?
Ive been playing with this mod installed.100%races without any assits with the Toro Rosso and Verne constantly beat me in the race.
Ive never had such a bad stat ever in f1games.
Then i got fe up and due to suspicion i reinstalled the game and did 20laps in a 100percent race at Monaco.
Now with all the mods Verne was 2sec faster then me from the beginnin ,lapping in around the 1.18s and me lapping in the 1.20s...(MOnaco,100%,no assists,light cloudy conditions going from light rain to dry after lap 10)
After having the game complately reinstalled and without any mods i started a grand prix mode race,same setting for Monaco like mentioned above. Of course I could not set the weather to go from raining a little to dry around lap 10, but i set it to be light cloudy and all..
Point is Vergne's an my laptimes were mathing up until lap 20...We were both lapping in the 1.20s...
Hence I ask could this mod cause the player to be slower then the AI? (Forgot to mention AI Level Legend of Course! )
PLS Someone help.!!!!!

hy guys.
IVe got a question for the author of this mod or anyone that could help me..
Could this mod cause the player to be slower than the AI?
Point is Vergne's an my laptimes were mathing up until lap 20...We were both lapping in the 1.20s...
Hence I ask could this mod cause the player to be slower then the AI? (Forgot to mention AI Level Legend of Course! )
PLS Someone help.!!!!!

No, this mod is not guilty of that, this year's version of the game is. The only known remedy is to step down the difficulty levels one by one, and test which one suits your requirements the best.

Example: Go to My F1, Settings, Difficulty, then scroll down the option screen until you see Legend, and change it to Expert. Then Escape, Save, and try it. If it still doesn't work to your likings, repeat the process and change it to Professionnal. Repeat this scaling-down Difficulty level process until problem is solved.

The alternative is to use mods that change the AI behaviour and speeds: Search the RD Resource page and you'll find them. I, for one, mod my own AI difficulties' files (under tracks/difficulties/era_2013) and so far, I've managed to get Monaco (and others) working quite well for me.

No, this mod is not guilty of that, this year's version of the game is. The only known remedy is to step down the difficulty levels one by one, and test which one suits your requirements the best.

Example: Go to My F1, Settings, Difficulty, then scroll down the option screen until you see Legend, and change it to Expert. Then Escape, Save, and try it. If it still doesn't work to your likings, repeat the process and change it to Professionnal. Repeat this scaling-down Difficulty level process until problem is solved.

The alternative is to use mods that change the AI behaviour and speeds: Search the RD Resource page and you'll find them. I, for one, mod my own AI difficulties' files (under tracks/difficulties/era_2013) and so far, I've managed to get Monaco (and others) working quite well for me.
Hy mate.THX for your reply.
What do u mean this years version?
I havent heard of the out of sight bug is back,is it???What's causing it..
BTW literally about 20min ago i finished the first race in Melbourne on the totally unmodded, vanilla game and came 9th in my toro rosso..
I'm planning to redo the whole thing and mod the game up and do melbourne again see what's up.
Also I'll then do monaco with the vanilla game ,then mod it up and compare...
All i want is fare racing.I dont want my stupid team mate to be faster in monaco 2 seconds per frigggin lap after lap from the beginning of a 100% race...
getting lapped on lap 20 first..WTF......
For now it seems all right without any mods..
I'll test and check back..
Fun part will the when i'll somehow have to find out witch mod causes me to be slower then the AI.

Hy mate.THX for your reply.
What do u mean this years version?
I havent heard of the out of sight bug is back,is it???What's causing it..
BTW literally about 20min ago i finished the first race in Melbourne on the totally unmodded, vanilla game and came 9th in my toro rosso..
I'm planning to redo the whole thing and mod the game up and do melbourne again see what's up.
Also I'll then do monaco with the vanilla game ,then mod it up and compare...
All i want is fare racing.I dont want my stupid team mate to be faster in monaco 2 seconds per frigggin lap after lap from the beginning of a 100% race...
getting lapped on lap 20 first..WTF......
For now it seems all right without any mods..
I'll test and check back..
Fun part will the when i'll somehow have to find out witch mod causes me to be slower then the AI.

> What do u mean this years version?
Hi back to u, Tom,
I mean the code has been designed like that this year (2013). I've bought all their versions since 2010, and my first vanilla races were ALL like that (the complete opposite of the previous three vanilla versions: F1 2010, 2011, and 2012). I suspect they implemented that (silly) behaviour inside the EXE (or DLL) that runs the core code (un-modable by itself). If you read many posts here about how the first car, or two cars just get off way up front, leaving the pack behind them in an absolutely un-realistic way (except perhaps for Singapore, where Vettel just took off 30 seconds+, even after the safety car was deployed, to the point many wondered what his car's material was really made of... but that's another topic). The only thing to do about it is to accept it as is and move on. Hope it will not bother too much. U'll get used to it after a while.

> BTW literally about 20min ago i finished the first race in Melbourne on the totally unmodded, vanilla game and came 9th in my toro rosso..
Not that bad, since Vergne finished 8th (Ricciardo hit the walls and DNF). Like I said, u'll get used to it.
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2013/898/

> Fun part will the when i'll somehow have to find out witch mod causes me to be slower then the AI.
I don't know, but for me, it was the factory vanilla grip values in the f12013\surface_materials.xml that were too small. Since I modded those (up to 1280), I am always faster than the AI, so I can kind of relax a bit in 100% races, since there is no way for me to keep my concentration up on ALL 100% laps (me no real Formula 1 driver paid millions per season lol).

i too am unable to play online with this mod- so far its been every track to Canada for me... (i race in a league).

Do every league players have the same files? Although I never play online, I've read it here often, for some mods, ALL online players must have the same files (most of them anyway). If every league players have those same files, but still can't play, then the obvious solution could be not to use these mods online. That's how it goes, sometimes.

no we dont - some have the vanilla install where i have the LOD mod, HD cars (both low and high) and this mod.. and people have everything between..

i have now 2 installs.. the vanilla (online) install and the modded HD, LOD, Visibility install..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%