PC1 Input lag

I've had the same problem for much of the time I've been playing. To try and minimise it, maybe try lowering your graphics settings and turning off all post-processing effects. To my eyes, the game doesn't lose too much graphically when you do this (unless you lower texture detail - then it starts to look horrible!). Also try playing around with the Jitter Tweak setting - not quite sure what it actually does, but I've read on the WMD forums that it may improve things if it's at a higher value.

I still have about 1/10th of a seconds' worth of difference between my steering inputs and the game's reaction, but overall it's at least drivable.

Increasing jitter can only increase input lag, it's 0 by default. I have 30-40 fps and it's drivable for me, I even have one WR atm (not to boast, but to prove it's drivable for me). Do you have v-sync and pad filter disabled?

I run this game on the lowest settings, and even at 70fps+ with vsync off I can detect what I think is input lag, either that or the cars/tyres are just slow to respond to steering. It's has improved a lot over previous builds but is still there, if I drive other sims/racing games back to back with this one it's quite noticeable although the devs will say there is no input lag anymore. but for me there clearly is some.

Try lowering details for a higher frame rate 60+, it should improve things, also increase the jitter tweak value as if it's too low the graphics appear less smooth and jitter and the controls feel weird even at high frames. Try it at 35. This won't get rid of input lag but will help to minimise it.

If you are so certain about that David, then how come there are people who aren't experiencing that?

I mean when you turn in, it's weighted, then the rest of the car follows you, reminiscent of good ole S2U.
It feels like it's on a slow to react pendulum.....it's like one long tailshaft connecting the front to the rear, and when you twist the front end, the rear responds in exaggerated fashion.
The front can still go light as well, it's like the game just gives up on trying to maintain relative levels of FFB.

It's quite obvious for me, so for those who claim not to feel it, I have no idea, hard to understand[G27]

Most of the cars feel pretty decent now except for the Formula 68 car. It drives like it's powered and steered by an outboard motor strapped to the back . . . horrible.

Last time I tried the F68 it had so few rear grip it seemed not realistic.

Otherwise once you manage to get a good FFB by tweaking the profiler then most of the cars handle well.

Since the beginning I have absolutely no input lag that I could notice. Maybe I am not enough sensitive since I'm not an alien...

I mean when you turn in, it's weighted, then the rest of the car follows you, reminiscent of good ole S2U.
It feels like it's on a slow to react pendulum.....it's like one long tailshaft connecting the front to the rear, and when you twist the front end, the rear responds in exaggerated fashion.
The front can still go light as well, it's like the game just gives up on trying to maintain relative levels of FFB.

It's quite obvious for me, so for those who claim not to feel it, I have no idea, hard to understand[G27]

Have you tried changing the set ups at all? I think stiffening the car would help the weight shift.

I can't really speak to the FFB though, I'm playing with a 360 pad. it's still a bit...off. For one the steering is just wacky, a tiny amount of steering input and you barely angle the car, a tiny bit more and your wheel is at 30 degrees. it seems to have snaps too, like 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees, I could just be imagining that though.

I have still the same as you. There is always some input lag.
They are tweaking it every time and its better. But i dont think they are ever gonna get rid of it. Imo i think that it lays way to deep in the engine, otherwise they already would have fixed it a long time ago.
Said this ones on their forum as feedback, but almost got banned for giving my opinion. Is crazy how they handle there customers who are trying to help..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%