• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Input lag with t150

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by noah43501, Aug 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. noah43501

noah43501

Ratings:
    +0
    I experience some kind of input lag within f1 2017, it's to some extend undrivable (15ms). I had the same problem in f1 2016, even though it wasnt as present as it is now. I have tried different graphics settings and at about 180 fps it seems to be acceptable, the problem is that my graphics need to be turned all the way down in oder to achive this:/ (gtx 680 2gb). Is there some way to reduce the input lag without ruining my graphical experience? Its really annoying and I havent experienced anything similar in other sims (e.g. Automobilsita) with the same framerate of about 100fps

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    I am not saying that this is your problem, especially as you mention 180 fps, but in many games having VSync enabled can cause input lag.

3. noah43501

noah43501

Ratings:
    +0
    V Sync isnt eneabled, so i'm afraid that's not the problem:/

4. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +462
    How do you know the exact delay? It would be interesting to check mine, as 15ms is way too tiny to be noticeable (at least for me)

5. noah43501

noah43501

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran a benchmark test on my current graphics settings and it claimed that I had a frame latency of about 10- 15 ms, when looking at the screen it's somewhat closer to 25-30 ms, but thats hardware (monitor) releated and as you mentioned barely noticable

6. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +462
    As long as you can't notice it, it shouldn't be a problem. I mean: 30ms is 0.03s, it's very tiny, but probably enough to be a problem (at 300kmh when you turn/brake, your car travel 2.5m more before receiving your inputs).
    Maybe I always had the same delay, but I played for years in racing games and it never was an issue for me, specially in Codies games where the physics engine probably has a refresh rate slower than your input lag.

7. noah43501

noah43501

Ratings:
    +0
    Well as I said: this input lag only occurs in f1 2016 and 2017, its really noticable and reacting to a bigger slide you could usually catch is almost impossible. Really frustrating stuff :/

8. siffonen

siffonen

Ratings:
    +1
    This is same issue that i have in F1 2016, Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, it has something to do with usb drivers. Do you have a usb hub installed or some other usb controller than wheel?
    I dont have this issues with F1 2017 anymore, but older games suffer this if i use my dlink usb hub for my shifter and led display, just wheel connected this issue is gone in those older games.
    And this only happens in Codemaster games for me

9. noah43501

noah43501

Ratings:
    +0
    besides my wheel I have just my keyboard and headset plugged in, but my keyboard does have a usb hub function, I may try it with my keyboard unplugged