PC2 !@#$-ing Puddles!!

So I had stopped playing the career mode in hopes that the AI would get balanced across tracks, and the last patch made this a little better from my experience. But now I'm hung up on the rain racing. Its fun for a while, then the puddles build. And I swear, the sky turned bright and sunny, it's still raining, I see a line forming (not a dry line, but water pushed aside I'm assuming) and the puddles turn into the size of skating rinks. (Only slipperier.)

So, I'm going to stay out out of career mode again until I hear of some patch to dial that down. Talk about a fun killer. AI in the rain has never been a problem with me, but it seems to bother others. They probably should have just gone without it.

(Back in the old days we could d/l a patch on a forum to correct this. Like the "sticky grass" toggle in Rally Championship...)

You do know it can be rainy and sunny at the same time right? That's how we get rainbows.
If one drives through a puddle displacing water, is it not right to assume that said puddle will get bigger (at least temporarily)? I think the puddles are awesome and it's nice to see new features in racing sims once in a while. I don't have that much trouble driving thought them though you can definitely feel a tug of the wheel.

I am extremely happy a dev team finally realised the importance of how weather effects the track and the dynamics of a vehicle. I for one was getting tired of all the perfect dry condition simulators on the market.

I am not saying the rain physics are perfect but from my experience its pretty good.
Ive had my Audi S4 with performance pirelli pzeros hydroplane at 90km hr and also spun my Jeep JKU 180 degrees driving the right side tires through a puddle on a forestry road at 60km both are heavy 4wd vehicles so I can only imagine the effects a wet track would have on a light weight 2wd race car.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back