1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info on screen ? Understanding

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Nick Milton, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Captain Slow Premium Member

Hi, look, I'm probably an F 1 idiot, but gotta ask,

When driving, in top left screen is a few driver names, usually ahead and behind me,

Occasionally , a red icon appears with a number? What is that?

And is there anywhere that has a explanation manual,

Nick.

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

I haven't played for a long while, but there are various things that can be displayed there. I am sure someone will correct me if my memory is wrong. :)

1/ Team-mate position

2/ Rival position - You get to pick a rival at a certain stage of your career, if you beat him over a number of races (last 7 of the season?), you can take his place in his team

3/ I think the red marker is your EXPECTED finishing position, your goal. You get told before a race what position you are expected to finish in, and this marker is a reminder of it.

3. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

Ok thanks for that.

4. The number flashing up red will be when you complete a sector, and will the show your time relative to the same sector last lap. Red means you are slower, grey means you are close to the same time (thinks its within 2 tenths) and green means you've gone quicker. This helps you see how consistently you are running, and it will also do the same when you complete a lap and show you your total loss or gain for the entire lap

I assume this is what you are referring to, as you say it appears occasionally. But if you already knew that and it wasn't what you meant, then maybe try a screenshot of it? So then we can definitely help

• Like Like x 1
  5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Forgot all about that info, thanks :)

6. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

This is another question,sorry, with the downforce, wings,

Eg : 0 no downforce? 10 full downforce?

I'm such a learner :)

7. yeah pretty much, though I think the values go from 1 to 11

8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Not specifically for F1 racing, but all cars. The guide below may give you a more rounded introduction to cars and how they are setup.

Setup Guide

9. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

Thanks graham, good read.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think he's talking about the circles that come up under the driver names. See this screenshot. I'd like to know what they mean too. See the green "01".

[​IMG]

11. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I think that's saying that your are expected to be in position 1 (your target), and it's green because you ARE in position one.

(It's been a LONG time since I raced in this game, so I am not definite)

12. Yeah that's correct about the circles. The number shows you're expected finishing position, it then goes green when you reach that.

• Like Like x 1