Infiniti G37 Coupe PerformanceOverLooks Trim

Cars Infiniti G37 Coupe PerformanceOverLooks Trim 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
mdracer64 submitted a new resource:

Infiniti G37 Coupe PerformanceOverLooks Trim - G37 Street/Track spec car based on my real life car

YOU MUST INSTALL THE TUNE ALONG WITH THE CAR FOR THIS CAR TO HANDLE PROPERLY!

This car is a tuned version of the IPL G Coupe found at https://**************/car/inf_g37 . I've tuned this car to represent my real life car, as shown on the TikTok account @performanceoverlooks.

Open the zip file you download and you will see a regular folder and zip file with the same name. Copy the FOLDER into your Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups folder. Drag the ZIP FILE into content manager...

Read more about this resource...

No, I am not rating this "mod". But I will share what I found about the files in a brief hours of looking at it.

The Zip file contain a setup and a typical mod package. And the mod package includes both a data.acd and a backup.acd, plus there is a data folder. And when the suspension.ini is opened it shows a lot of blank lines between actual data lines. Both of these lead me to believe that AC Car Tuner has been used on this for many many times. It appears that version was made over older version, over other older versions. So the codes are not tidy nor organized. (And which set of data should be used? the data folder or data.acd?)

The aero of the car, can be seen from CM showroom or examining aero.ini, contains 5 elements, body, front, rear and 2 rear wings. The 2 wings are adjustable in setup screen. I think that is incorrect for a road car. Again I wonder about the origin of this car or just the aero file.

(I guess I did not check use unpacked data): On Laguna Seca, the car felt very stiff, felt the bounciness/shake everywhere. Though the ride frequency is at 2.0/1.8 Hz which, for me, is the upper limit of a non-aero race car. With the provided setup, the car was predictable, has good grip and I was able to get to lead a track day session within a handful of laps. Typically I may be mid pack out of 6 to 8 cars on Laguna Seca.

At this point, I am not sure I will keep the car. I think I will try the unpacked data first and see if there is any difference. If the data files are not edited, I think this should belong to a setup and not a complete mod. Or it should only contain the suspension files without the 3D model.

mdracer64 updated Infiniti G37 Coupe PerformanceOverLooks Trim with a new update entry:

Version 1.1

-Added real life damping values of my coilovers, provided by Powertrix Suspension. The car's suspension feels much better now.

-You no longer have to download the tune. All the proper settings are built into the car. If you do have the tune already installed, either make sure you delete it or don't load it. THE CAR WILL NOT PERFORM PROPERLY WITH THE OLD TUNE

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 13.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 69 35.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 110 56.1%