Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

Mine are Lepai 2020A+. I'm no expert but the one in your link looks very similar spec.
ok thanks ive just purchased it all now...my last question is i have 3 different types of audio i have 7.1 internal sound card a 5.1 usb sound card and the one thats on my mobo...now what i want to know is how do i get sound to come from headphones and also the usb for the transducers all at the same time?because when i select one as default the other turns off so it seems i can only have one sound card working at one time.

I would not mount them with rubber, if you mount them so they don't rattle and set the levels correctly you should get them humming. :)

Yes, getting more than one soundcard running can be a pain. I have done it, but I daren't touch it because I can't remember how I did it!
Headset - I have not had this problem, as I have not tried to use them at the same time - I only use my headset for Elite Dangerous, when the Simvibe cards are not being used.

Yes, getting more than one soundcard running can be a pain. I have done it, but I daren't touch it because I can't remember how I did it!
Headset - I have not had this problem, as I have not tried to use them at the same time - I only use my headset for Elite Dangerous, when the Simvibe cards are not being used.
ok i see what u mean ive been tinkering for about an hour now and its been a nightmare but i think i may have it all working together now.

it's all about setting your sound card as the default for your speakers and in windows sound manager mute all mics that are not being used. sim commander (sim vibe) sends the telemetry through the one you choose.

by the way, you do not want them chattering they will burn up eventually. set them "just this side" of chattering. There is a setting in sim commander that you can check that once you open the settings window it will stay on top. You can adjust levels in game then uncheck it. It really lets you dial it in.

I run like 8 usb device if you start getting usb power limits just buy a cheap usb powered hub that has it's own ac power but run your controllers from on board hub. . and I don't seem to have a problem with simvibe I am sure you will get some processing drain from but I don't n't see a difference in the FPS and I don't have the most powerful system:)
hey jeff this is my rig here http://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-evo-racing-simulator-cockpit-RS6 and i was wondering where on this rig would you put the 4 hockey puck tranducers..where is the best place do you think?

2 (16 ohm pucks in parallel)= 8 ohms
3 = 5.3 ohms
4= 4 ohms
always keep speaker s ohm rating @ or above what the amp rating is. Don't go lower

your sound card and amp should be running at peak. Full volume in windows and about 60 percent on the amp maybe a little higher on the amp and adjust levels in simvibe.

No, if you over- drive you can hear the plunger (which is the weight going up and down that causes the vibration) hitting to far and rattles. just like blowing a speaker. You will melt the coil.

No, if you over- drive you can hear the plunger (which is the weight going up and down that causes the vibration) hitting to far and rattles. just like blowing a speaker. You will melt the coil.
with the way i want to set it up will i be able to feel the car on the left side for instance if i went over rumble strips on that side of the car or do i need something else for that?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back