Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

You seem like a fan of their junk. Unfortunately I have been running them at 100 percent. I been controlling it under the sound card panel at 20%. Other wise it clips. I feel like you are indirectly trying to insult/ put me down, but whatever.

I have been toying with sound since I was a very young boy. I have more speakers and blown amps than most people have socks. I am fully aware of all the gimmicks all the speaker and amp manufacturers try to pull. You are picking apart minor details for the sake of trolling. You take one reply #326 and pick it apart into this mess. Wtf man.

Unsubbed

Most behringer stuff is rated higher than it is but not that much, no commercial consumer grade amp is rated properly. (If you think $150 amp is throwaway well than throw them over here lol). And if you trust speaker rating more than amp rating it just means your rationalizing your signal path.

You most definitely want to run those amps at 100 percent. They are attenuated single stage amps. meaning the amps are running full all the time and your lowering amp volume on the output, the volume knob isn't amplifying the signal it is attenuating it. So when the knob is on 10 it has least amount of processing. with least amount of THD

If you want to spend money, have at it. And also it sounds like your trying to convince me on how to use amps, with all due respect, I don't need to be educated on that. Thanks:thumbsup:

I don't mean to sound harsh guys but please if you want to talk about building big systems, which I don't This thread is for people that don't have or want to spend a lot of money and want get some extra immersion. I know you guys are into audio and that's fine, this just isn't the thread for it and thank you for unsubbing.

Hi Jeff, I have PM'ed you buddy. Sorry only just seen that you messaged me :)

Attachments

• RX-V467.jpg
    RX-V467.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 299
Not sure what the issue is wth guy having problems....

I have owned the inuke amps, 1000/3000/6000 series although I specifically purchased the DSP models. These allow the user to electronically set the max wattage to suit the tactile/Buttkicker used. The Parametric EQ they have is also ideal to tune a tactile unit to operate better by boosting or reducing down to individual frequencies if necessary.

Additionally they will support 2ohm and 4ohm Buttkickers and in particular the DSP 1000 is a bargain for what it offers. Used DSP 1000 for my Clark TST units and the DSP 3000/6000 for fullsize Buttkickers, honestly cant complain at all.

Biggest gripe with them would be the fan noise.

Last edited:
I have everything setup now. You certainly don't need anything spectacular imo to power this. I have the SMSL SA-50 amplifier with the 2x Bass Pump III's in extension mode pedals and seat. Amp is on 50% volume. Boy o boy is this good. Simvibe all configured now and it is giving me amazing feedback. wow wow wow :) love it!

I have everything setup now. You certainly don't need anything spectacular imo to power this. I have the SMSL SA-50 amplifier with the 2x Bass Pump III's in extension mode pedals and seat. Amp is on 50% volume. Boy o boy is this good. Simvibe all configured now and it is giving me amazing feedback. wow wow wow :) love it!

I just ordered this amp(SMSL SA-50). Based on the statement you are happy with it. Its cheap enough that if it sucks I won't care. I hope it does better than my crappy iNukes. If it can do the job, then I can finally sell my inukes and gain some rack space. I only ordered one for now to see what it can do.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

how do you know your speakers are clipping? I have two aura's hooked up to a sony 7.1 channel amp...and the sound level is at 85%..I actually hear audio from the transducers...need to find a way to isolate my playseat from the carpet. I feel that the rug and the carpet soaks up the vibrations from the seat.

If you are clipping, your amp will go silent and back on which is clipping. If you are using a commercial amp you may have a red led that lights up. If you hear a loud clacking noise that's bottoming out and you got plenty of power. That is not clipping. If its crackling with distortion then that might be clipping if you are not bottoming out. Its a lengthy subject actually. Or in my case stay silent until I power off and back on.

As far as getting the high frequencies out you will need a low pass crossover for that.

Spiked feet will isolate your playseat. You can also use rubber feet, but make sure either you choose is high enough your frame clears the pile of the carpet.

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-cabinet-spikes/317

how do you know your speakers are clipping? I have two aura's hooked up to a sony 7.1 channel amp...and the sound level is at 85%..I actually hear audio from the transducers...need to find a way to isolate my playseat from the carpet. I feel that the rug and the carpet soaks up the vibrations from the seat.

Don't use speaker pins that will turn the wood under your carpet into a giant speaker. You need to get to the frame of the play seat and attach transducers to it. If your doing audio instead of simvibe and have a surround amp just turn the treble off. If your transducers a chattering turn it down you will smoke them.

Trolling, really, in my thread. Most people that get into this are confused with all the misinformation out there so I tried to give them some clarification and help them do things inexpensively and you come in a say that your 1000 watt amps aren't enough. Confusing people more and adding nothing to what the WHOLE purpose of this thread was meant to be. I tried to push back and you didn;t get it. So I ended up asking you to go away. You still fight back. Well if you still don't get it then it's your thread, have at it. I don't have the patience for folks like you. I won't be answering this thread anymore. Anybody needs some help PM me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back