Inexpensive transducers for simvibe

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
Some of the guys in the club were asking about some affordable transducers for Simvibe.

I have $50 sub and the 4 pack 16 0hm minis ($44) drive in 2 zones by 2 - $20 lepai amps and not even close to using all the power. Actually just the large shaker and one amp would be sufficient but....

The company that makes the transducers is Dayton Audio but the best price is from Parts Express

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/tactile-transducers-exciters-bass-shakers/18
Have fun.

I dug out my lepai LP268 from my bitsa box and while rummaging in it I spotted an old 2.1 speaker system that the amp had died on, so I cut one of the speaker connectors off and wired it up to the lepai and it works just fine.
I tried it on both channels, all worked A ok, tried it again with the body shakers and damn, that mosquito was back, it looks like my lepai simply lacks the beans to drive the Body shakers.
I have seen the Body shakers listed as 50 watt, 80 watt and as 100 watt by various sellers, I think that perhaps they simply need more power to drive them compared to the Dayton pucks that a lot of people seem to use with lepai amps with no problem.
It was while searching for some Dayton pucks that I found my second hand Throne thumper, there were also some Buttkickers up for auction at the same time but they were going for silly money, I won the auction for the thumper and that led me off in a new direction, so I decided to forget about the Daytons with the lepai for now.

I can't really recommend any amps because I haven't used a lot of the cheaper amps. The reason I recommend the lapai is because they are cheap and I bought a couple. The Pyle stuff is historically cheap junk as well but more expensive. I really start this thread to help people that wanted the experience but didn't have a lot of money. From an audiophile standpoint I wouldn't recommend anything with a PYLE name. .

I dug out my lepai LP268 from my bitsa box and while rummaging in it I spotted an old 2.1 speaker system that the amp had died on, so I cut one of the speaker connectors off and wired it up to the lepai and it works just fine.
I tried it on both channels, all worked A ok, tried it again with the body shakers and damn, that mosquito was back, it looks like my lepai simply lacks the beans to drive the Body shakers.
I have seen the Body shakers listed as 50 watt, 80 watt and as 100 watt by various sellers, I think that perhaps they simply need more power to drive them compared to the Dayton pucks that a lot of people seem to use with lepai amps with no problem.
It was while searching for some Dayton pucks that I found my second hand Throne thumper, there were also some Buttkickers up for auction at the same time but they were going for silly money, I won the auction for the thumper and that led me off in a new direction, so I decided to forget about the Daytons with the lepai for now.

thanks man :D that settles my doubts about these particular shakers. It seems I will need more power..

I'm looking at rack mount amplifiers on ebay, they pack a lot of punch for a low price!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Pyle-...867861?hash=item3d08a26e55:g:NjsAAOSwzgRWvPxd

2x750rms 4ohms for 90quid :confused:

But I will need 3 amps (or 6 independent outputs) so these prices kill my budget. shame.

I can't really recommend any amps because I haven't used a lot of the cheaper amps. The reason I recommend the lapai is because they are cheap and I bought a couple. The Pyle stuff is historically cheap junk as well but more expensive. I really start this thread to help people that wanted the experience but didn't have a lot of money. From an audiophile standpoint I wouldn't recommend anything with a PYLE name. .

Sure thing man :) you helped alot. I just needed feedback on these particular shakers and it seems the low powered ones dont cut it :(

Did you try the body shakers with another amp? Did they work good with it? By the way unless a piece of equipment comes from a reputable manufacturer that has skin in the audio game and want to keep their reputation., the ratings mean nothing. They are lying to you.

Just had another thought. Those body shakers are small, stamped steel, transducers. I can't imagine the magnetic coil in those are very strong so to say they need more power is counterintuitive. Even with a lepai you should be able to push those to the point of chatter. That little circuit they put in them is pretty clean for a cheap amp. That's is why so many manufacturers use it. Keep in mind that there is only so many types of amp circuits. Some of the best amps still use the 1950's RCA radio circuit.

Jeff, they work fine as in post #271, my Throne thumper will chatter before the Body shakers. I cant understand why they dont work with the lepai they just dont. Believe me I wanted them to work as I know where your coming from trying to save cash.

That's cool I missed that post. Sorry. I just felt a sense of people talking about needing more power, which is pretty common in audio, that's just a marketing tool.

Or this 4 channel 4x90W 4ohms
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-4-C...937975?hash=item33abb28eb7:g:BiwAAOSwKIpWATIW

btw, how does this work? it receives 4 channels and can output them all at the same time?

Or you can buy a used 7.1 Home Cinema amp with 100+ watt per channel that will support full rane speakers and use that. You'll have enough power for the small shakers and enough channels for expansion. I think that abroad they are quite cheaper than in Greece. Maybe with 100$ more or less you can have your job done.
My main point for that is that it has worked for many and - most important- it has many channels to expand your simvibe experience in the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back