• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

IndyCar on Project Cars 2: Discussion

Discussion in 'Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series' started by Rob, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Seems inevitable that pCARS2 will have all the necessary components for a *real* IndyCar league, pending multi-player testing. Just wondering about interest and format. I was thinking a warmup season, with shorter races on a few tracks (some to experiment, some to keep), to work the kinks out, then full steam ahead into the 2018 IndyCar season. Thoughts?

2. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    Sounds good to me :thumbsup: Im still planning on racing with the DSRL guys though if a series is put together there as it has gone really well there and their guys won't shift over to anything that is put together here.

So finding a good slot for something here will probably be the biggest problem. Maybe something that suits you guys over there would bring more bodies to the grid? I would still want to make the races too if it wasn't too late

3. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    Were you thinking of a weekend or midweek series Rob?

4. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Right now, it would have to be the weekend. I was thinking of running a DiRT series (strictly voluntary and don't need many) on Sat. and transitioning to IndyCar. One time, I ran a series in conjunction with another site, and it worked pretty well, but your point is a good one...it will be primarily Americans who are interested, and South Americans, and Mexicans, and maybe Eastern Europe.

5. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Reserved.

IndyCar series planned for Saturday or Sunday @ 4pm ESTUS, which will follow the actual IndyCar schedule. Prizes and sponsorships may follow. This will be all variety of track, with assists off.

If interested, discuss below.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. Ryan Robbins

Ryan Robbins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    IndyCar is one of my favorite cars in the game. Depends on time for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ratings:
    +425
    Same here as for time I get off work at 3..can definitely try to make them all

• Love Love x 1
  8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    When are you looking at this starting Rob? I'm interested but i've only just picked up the game and was planning on waiting on patch 3 to come to fix some of the online problems in particular before getting into it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ratings:
    +425
    Its on sale for for 34.00 on pc ..apparently its still bugged there as well.all reviews talk of the same problems so its not a xbox issue..

10. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ratings:
    +425
    • Haha Haha x 2
  11. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    No worries there Peter. I planned to mimic the 2018 IndyCar Series, so we would race when they do, and try to get the game's track as close as possible. Some are exact, of course. If interest here can sort of "develop" as the game improves, that would be ideal. Hopefully it will. After the last patch, handling is improved, but not up to Assetto standards. Multiplayer is the real worry, though, since stability has not been that great.

The other league seems to be on hold, so I'll wait what goes on there, but it would also be good to play. A.I. also seems to be improved, so adding them, at least on non-ovals, may not be a problem, and could help if we have low numbers to start. Also, a "warm-up" oval series would not be that bad either. Something GT ish and easy, just to get the idea of racing that fast inches apart.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
  13. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    Yeah, not console only just bugs of the game in general unfortunately. PC will obviously get any fixes quicker though due to Steam and not having to go through the same checks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    Yeah, until there is some level of consistency and stability to the online play I don't think the other place is going to get much traction anyway. I think the gap between the two series was always likely to be a problem in so far as retaining drivers but hopefully if SMS get the game up to scratch people will come back to it and if not it will be good to have something here ready to take up the slack.

How are the AI in general outside of the ovals. How are they in comparison to the ones in pCars 1?

15. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    About like Forza.

16. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Ovals are still bugged, AI wise. And multiplayer is a disaster. The handling model is only slightly better that F1, but not much better that PC1.
    I'd love to know if anyone with a TX had upgraded from v. 47 to v.51 driver? My though was, if I didn't need to with Assetto, why risk running it for a broken game?
    That said, frame rate is better. Weather is unparalleled, and AI are decent on non ovals. I hate to say it, but I just don't think there are enough people on the console who want a SIM. If there were, we would not always get an interior version of any given game, save Dirt4, and the Forza franchise would be bankrupt by now.

17. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ratings:
    +425
    Ive be running the v51 for awhile.not sure whats the dif.think fan control or something.ive got mine running the whole time.

18. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    That was it. Thanks for reminding me. Lol. Yea, I gots a big fan on mine. Nearly blows me away. Best thing you can do for your wheel.

19. Rob

Rob
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Eric, was Brutus the dog you lost about a year ago? It was that a black lab?

20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,370
    Assetto was always going to be behind on the console but it's getting closer following the last patch but as far as I'm aware the PC version of pCars 2 is no different between the formats handling wise. Graphically it's better of course because it isn't bound by the same limitations.