Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 IndyCar Race 2.jpg

On Sunday 11th June the rFactor 2 Racing Club will be hosting a very special event, a 50 lap dash around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the Dallara DW12 IndyCar!

If open wheel racing cars, breakneck speeds and tight pack racing are your thing then the rFactor 2 racing club have you covered this month! We have set the wheels in motion for our special IndyCar event in just under two weeks time for what we expect to be a wonderful celebration of American motorsport at its very finest.

Running earlier than usual at 17:00 GMT for 30 minutes of practice, the resurrection of the rFactor 2 Racing Club here at RaceDepartment continues with our blast around the IMS in the Image Space Incorporated produced Dallara DW12 IndyCar. With grid slots for a maximum of 36 cars and 50 (hopefully!) uninterrupted laps of throttle to the boards racing we hope this mini IndyCar oval event will act as a springboard for more of the very best rFactor 2 club racing events here at RD.

Drivers with a current Premium membership are welcome to sign up and take part in the race and we welcome all levels of skill and experience. We do however ask you to turn up on race day prepared for the event, as with speeds in excess of 220 mph and a closely packed grid of cars, you will have to be on your toes throughout the race to avoid finding yourself wrapped up against the barrier and in early retirement!

As with all our rFactor 2 racing club events, the server will be compatible for both DX9 and DX11 variants of the game, so no matter what version you are running on your own simulators you will be able to participate in the event with your fellow sim racing drivers.

The race event will be run on Sunday 11th June at the slightly earlier time of 17:00 GMT. You can sign up for the event HERE and further details of the race schedule can be seen below.

rFactor 2 IndyCar Race .jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM INDY
Cars: Dallara DW12
Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Briefing: Open Setups - Feel free to share them :thumbsup:

Practice: 17:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 17:30 GMT (10 minutes - Private)
Warm Up: 17:40 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 17:45 GMT (50 Laps)

This is only our sixth event we have run since resurrecting the rFactor 2 Racing Club here at RaceDepartment, and with the simulation improving at considerable pace since Studio 397 took over development we expect the racing and grid sizes to continue to grow and improve in the coming weeks and months.

rFactor 2 is one of the premium pieces of commercially available racing simulation software available today, and because of this deserves its rightful place front and centre of our racing club activities. With the current RDLMS by Vesaro league we have shown that the community interest in this title remains as strong as ever and we would love to see some of that enthusiasm flow over into our club racing activities. If you enjoy rFactor 2 yourself and want to get the most from the software then pop over into our rFactor 2 Racing Club forum and sign up for an event and support your club. Online racing is a superb way to make the most from a sim racing title, but it can only work if like minded individuals pull together and enjoy the hobby as a group, out on track and racing each other hard and fair. The best way to do that, and support the efforts of our committed club racing staff, is to get your name down for an event and come join us out on the track yourself. We expect this race, and future events will be the beginning of something big here at RaceDepartment, so get involved from the beginning and help us shape something wonderful!

You can find all the rFactor 2 club racing events at out rFactor 2 Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum. Don't be afraid to pop in and ask a question, offer a suggestion or sign up for a race... It's a great place to enjoy rFactor 2 to its maximum potential!

Have fun on track y'all.... going fast in circles isn't as easy as Fernando Alonso made it look last time out!

Last edited:
Definitely don't worry about lap times, it's all just for good fun and with the setup Tobias shared you should have no problems being competitive, for reference pole for a recent big Indy 500 event was definitely slower then a 38 :)
I know but i needed an idea of the laptime achievable...i have no experience at all in ovals and apparently i'm more than 2 seconds off the pace which means i'm clearly doing something wrong. From tomorrow i'll look for information about pace, strategy, setup (i'm using tobias' but i'm still slow, dunno if his setup is meant to be around that laptime or not...2 seconds in a 40 sec lap seems A LOT). Speaking of his setup, it seemed very stable, so maybe he used more wings for people with less experience?

I know but i needed an idea of the laptime achievable...i have no experience at all in ovals and apparently i'm more than 2 seconds off the pace which means i'm clearly doing something wrong. From tomorrow i'll look for information about pace, strategy, setup (i'm using tobias' but i'm still slow, dunno if his setup is meant to be around that laptime or not...2 seconds in a 40 sec lap seems A LOT). Speaking of his setup, it seemed very stable, so maybe he used more wings for people with less experience?
Yeah definitely have a play with the setup, I always find I have a different preference with setups so I always tweak as well.

Rubber will be very dependent too, looking at server times, if you are running around a 40 - 41 on the server, you will be fine :)

I'm sure there will be a few people on the server tonight (tomorrow morning my Oz time) I'll be jumping on about 9pm GMT (about 18 hours from now) jump on and do some laps and we'll get you up to speed :) other wise if that time doesn't suit you, I can jump on in about 8 hours from now.

Yeah definitely have a play with the setup, I always find I have a different preference with setups so I always tweak as well.

Rubber will be very dependent too, looking at server times, if you are running around a 40 - 41 on the server, you will be fine :)

I'm sure there will be a few people on the server tonight (tomorrow morning my Oz time) I'll be jumping on about 9pm GMT (about 18 hours from now) jump on and do some laps and we'll get you up to speed :) other wise if that time doesn't suit you, I can jump on in about 8 hours from now.
I'm afraid tomorrow i won't be able to play, thanks for your help anyway. I'll be there the day after tomorrow hopefully.

I think there is a harder to stay in line than AMS or iR. But it was very fun. Is there a full caution rules?
This is one for @Joseph Wright to answer :)
In fact, this is one for @Daiman Patel to answer ;) He's the one setting up the servers for me! :laugh:
Apologies for not responding sooner guys - this one became a little bit lost in my inbox! :whistling: I can confirm that (automatic) full-course yellows and the safety car are configured to be thrown and deployed if there is an incident. The server has been set up using the base configuration, but I have not been able to test it so I'm not sure how exactly it will behave; I expect it will be OK for a club race as the sensitivity is quite low.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%