Indycar Aeroscreen Testing

Thought I would just share this with you, looks so much better than the HALO in my view.

I guess the only change I would like is the base of the screen being slightly further forward, so the angle is more in common with the rake of the nose, but maybe that could cause too much reflection or aero disturbance. I think the other issue I've read about is access to the front suspension. Even so I like what I see so far, still early days and the design is still being worked on :)

The onboard is very nice, the view looks good. The wraparound screen also allows a clear view of the mirrors which is interesting.

indycar-phoenix-february-testing-2018-scott-dixon-chip-ganassi-racing-honda-tests-the-aero-7457156.jpg

Couple of nice vids...

And Onboard...

So much better than that stupid halo.

Yeah I have to agree, in this case I think the FIA have just rushed through the HALO without properly thinking about other options, but we'll see what the F1 cars look like in the next month or so.

The one thing I did find interesting was the frontal view. I wondered if with the screen you wouldn't be able to see the drivers that much anymore (reflections, etc.) however it's almost like the screen isn't there from most angles which is nice bonus.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies